Saturday, August 18, 2018

Napan Fair Entries, Life Began In A Garden, & A UFO

Last weekend at our community Napan Agricultural Fair, I entered 10 entries into the craft show.
Here they are & how I placed with them, I was very surprised too!

First Place Ribbons

                                                              Stained Glass- The Eagle Head

 Embroidered - 'Come to bed Frosty I'm cold'  This piece also won Needle Point Of The Show!

 Rug Hooking - The Mustang in red/white/blue

                                Crocheted Doll Outfit - The vintage walking doll's outfit.

                                 The Downton Abbey Hat  - It also won 'Knit Of The Show'!

 Last Christmas's Pillow with the red buffalo check - it also won 'Sewing Project Of The Fair'!

                                                  The Garden Quilt embroidered in green & pink.

The Alphabet of Christmas Quilt -  for the entry of Christmas in August.

Second Place Entries


For the appliqued entry, I chose The Eagle to enhance the stained glass entry which I used as my inspiration for the colours of glass.

And last but so sweet is my Sweet Pea entry from the Popeye comics. I made this back in 1982 & it is dusty & I was fearful to laundry it. This piece just makes me smile to look at it.

So those were the entries this 2018 year! And with 8 - first & 2 -seconds, not too bad! The other large ribbons were a huge surprise to me!

Life Began In A Garden Quilt


 Finally, have finished & quilted this summer BOW Garden Mystery 2018 together & it now hangs in the great room mezzanine. This is the first 'Block of the Week' that I have ever done & it was fun.

 This bike makes me want to get onto my bicycle & take a summer spin, the tire is still flat...

 The flowers are embroidered &/or wool applique, the mixture makes a divine line of flowers!

                                                      I added a little Acadian Coast to this block!

                                 This was the first block released & the one that got me hooked!

 It is hard to show this hanging in its entirety due to its location  & angle.

 It does add a splash of colour up top & a great summer reminder of the summer beauty!

                     This was the last block that was released & it took a great deal of time to finish.


I hope you are enjoying summer & all it has to offer as this too will pass & become a season of memories that you & yours have created.
I made my first cherry pie filling from scratch, I double checked after pitting & found two hidden pits! Pits make me so nervous as I once ate a date square & bit so hard on the pit that root canal followed that misadventure with my beloved date square love. The cherry pie was a big success as Bill went for a second slice of the cherry pie!

 Paulette my quilting buddy, do you remember 10 years+ the Christmas present of these 4" squares?! Well, a few years back I used white KONA & made pinwheels & last week I made these with the two kitty squares as I could not cut into them!


I used a mottled navy colour for the one-inch sashing, black just seemed to harsh for the whimsical pinwheels.

I've got it done this far but I see incorporating it into a cat quilt. One with wool appliqued cats.

This did not even put a dent into my UFO piling in the sewing room but it sure was fun designing!

Bridget & Baxter - The Boston Terriers

                                  Does this not look like 'The Dog Days Of Summer'? lol

Have a wonderful weekend everyone, wherever you are!
Cynthia



1 comment:

  1. Great showing at the show Mom
    Your talent never creases to amaze m
    Xo

    ReplyDelete