Wednesday, July 25, 2018

It's A Heatwave!

The weather is so summer & right now we're in a heatwave! I will cherish this memory in February when I can no longer see out my main-floor windows. Oh, how I love seasons & all the change that comes with them. It is so beautiful here at the shore in the summer.

 Last week we were in the front yard, this week we will take in the backyard. The grass has turned a hay like gold with the lack of rain but I know it will return when it gets a good soaking from the rainfall & it's been forecasted for tomorrow.

 See the sandy soil through the dry grass? Well, you should see the dust fly when the Boston's are running through it to chase their ball!

 I never tire of the different shades of blue & green as summer has now announced itself!
Usually, always there is a cool breeze that comes of the water, winds are from the SW these days are warm ones. Yes, summer breeze!

 Bill installed two solar lights on the outside ends of the arbor in the Anniversary Garden.
The lights can be viewed from the large great room window at night.

                                A peek of Bay du Vin Island through the backyard evergreens.

                                                          The view from the west side of the back deck.
                                                                            Such a summer day today!
Summer Finds!
 Bill was working hard in the garden to get more stone edging done & when I walked by I saw that he had sweat in the shape of a heart! I ran for my camera & got these photos!

 It shows better with his arms down, he cast a shadow on the heart but you can still see the silhouette!

 Later that day we were coming up the lane & he told me of the wild raspberry & strawberry bushes he saw whilst mowing the edges. So he stopped his truck to show me. I pulled my straw hat off &  started collecting berries with him.

 We gathered up a cup before being defeated by the mosquitoes & later had them with vanilla yogurt ice cream with chocolate sauce. Mmmm the taste of summer!

Bill also found this robin eggshell, what a wonderful vintage colour! So true that you can't go wrong with the colour of nature! I'm inspired to paint an old wooden chair with this colour pigment!

Bill & I were in Winner's when I saw these two Colin & Justin designer pillows on sale! They reverse to the opposite colours of red/white & the fabric is a soft knit. They can be used year long & especially at Christmas with a green holly berry sleeve wrapped around them.
And those were my wonderful summer finds!

Black & White Pets

                                           Baxter Loree having a quiet moment in the sunporch.

 Bridget Loree after a 'Whiskers & Nails' session. She fights the whole ordeal & I see a whisker that was missed! I've always trimmed & groomed my Bostons as a Boston with whiskers looks like a seal to me & takes away from their lovely facial markings.

 Baxter Loree showing his lovely facial profile, he is so easy to do grooming with.

 The heat tires the Boston's so I run them early in the morning & later in the evening.

 Both enjoy having the old sectional in the sunporch, it is a perfect size for that area.

 Rexton loves her cat tower & know that she's 'Home Free' from the Boston's! lol

                        As she relaxes the Bridget & Baxter have a romp in the room!

                                           Bridget tries to get Baxter to chase her.

                                                                    And the chase is on!

 Terriers have bursts of energy & then they calm down, they love being outside with us too.

Creative Mediums

                                      I'm now finished & pleased with this Mustang rug.

 On the back, I crocheted a circle that was then glued in place under the hooked area that would fall through as it was not thick enough to stay up. This modification worked, mindsight for the next rug!

 This wedding gift is now quilted & bound. Only the seashell buttons to embellish it with now.

 I love the William Morris fabric collection & had such fun making it. I think the buttons will add some glitz to it & how appropriate for this wedding was a destination wedding in Jamacia & took place on the beach last May! I know it is months late but will surprise them when they get it in the mail!

Kyro Stained Glass - Opening November 2018 

 Nicholas, Leslie, & Bill have been organizing the glass area for me & it is looking great!

 The shelves are filling with glass & many more bins are to be delivered from the storage at the shop.
Bill laughs at me as I have the creative flair & I'm sidetracked by the beauty of the glass.

 I just needed to play with it & this eagle head just spoke to me! lol
A few more pieces to cut & then I can grind them into place. I'm using black backed foil as I want to use black patina on the soldered joints.

                            This glass was used for the sky background that is numbered 1-4.

 I made this for Nick's birthday a few years back & used the colours for the glass eagle.

From rug hooking to sewing, to stain glass, the one thing in common that I adore is colour & design!

Thank you for stopping in on this hot beautiful summer day. I hope you too are enjoying summer as I am here on the northeast Acadian coastline. As we all know that this too will pass.

Enjoy your moments!
Cynthia




No comments:

Post a Comment