Thursday, November 8, 2018

Stitching Away

This week was one without hydro. I was without for just under 48 hours & today there are still nearly 1000 without power still. The storm on Saturday night put nearly the whole province in the dark with all the down trees on the hydro lines.
I have a generator so there was light, heat, & water for me. Living in rural areas you need to be prepared for these type of long outages.
I stitched & listened to Stuart Mclean & laughed & stitched hours away.

 This Santa embroidery was from Primitive Quilts & Projects 2016 & was one I wanted to do.

I'm still working on this little quilt & will quilt it as I finish it. There's still stems, leaves, & buttons to be sewn on before the binding.

 Then I worked on this sweet piece & added colour to the Christmas items in it.

 Glass beads were added to enhance the holly berries. This little piece is for my sewing room.
I'm thinking of putting the colour of red & green it too with pencil crayons, to enhance the Christmas feel of it.

 Another 12 Weeks of Christmas project done, still not caught up but I should be soon.

                     It fit very well on the goose!

I couldn't find the black knitted toque for the outfit for the goose. The Santa wool hat did the trick.

I took the orphan blocks from the Prancing Noel quilt & put them with the panel blocks that I cut apart. This piece will look great on the marble coffee table, now to get it sewn & quilted before Christmas...

The November block is done, Ho Ho Ho!

Just the border to put around it now. I'm going to put a six-inch border of our province tartan around the outside of the Gnome For The Holiday quilt.

 A sneak peek at a project that I am working on, a project that  I've wanted to do for years.

When it is done, it will be an heirloom piece. Lots to still do on it.

 I found this small quilt that has never been backed & quilted, yes, I made it in 2010!

 Then I thought maybe to just add to the date to update it...

 Then I thought again & added the new date to the bottom to be embroidered, then I'll take the time to finally quilt it.


 A Santa Snack mat! I made it from 2 1/2 inch strips & a 60-degree cut.

This Downton Abbey fabric has been fondled for the past several years & finally made into a project!

It's so nice to see a burst of colour from this Christmas cactus.

With all the wind & it has been 100+ km winds have stripped the trees down to their bark. It makes for a dark day & with the daylight so short, a splash of colour goes a long way.

We're bracing for another storm this weekend, this time it has snow in the forecast.

Have a warm cozy weekend, wherever you are.
Cynthia

1 comment:

  1. Love the Gnome for the Holidays quilt, and your Downton Abbey Santa sack. I used the same fabric in some of my Canada 150 quilt blocks. Gotta luv it!

    ReplyDelete