Friday, November 16, 2018

A Week Of Lows & Highs

On Tuesday morning I was putting out the Boston terriers,  Baxter & Bridget. Bridget didn't want to go out but it was 6am & she had been in her crate all night. Baxter went out & so I bent over to pick up the 23lb Bridget & felt a snap in my lower back like someone hit me with an elastic. I stayed bent & put her out. Then all hell broke loose, I could not stand straight nor could I walk without excruciating pain. I threw my back out again! Something so trivial but I must have bent the wrong way when picking up the dog. My whole day would be in bed with Aleve, ice, heating pad, & tears. It hurt so much & not having any movement without pain was doing me in.
Each day after that got better & better & today I had the Christmas bug bite me!

Let the decorating begin!

 Lucy I & Lucy II are at the front door to greet you. Right now they're covered in snow from the snowstorm that went through New Brunswick today.

 These little lit trees use to be in our parlour in London. They're so at home here in the front foyer.

                          The trees really give off a nice warm light in this area.

                               This is a Santa from the Price Club days! lol

    The great room is beginning to fill with a nice warm red hue!

    I will keep looking for pillows that have a Christmas theme to them. It will make the sofa much easier to sit on as it is very wide.

 The Royal Doulton Christmas Ladies are now in the grandfather clock with dad. I placed mom's quilt next to the clock, there's something about cardnials at Christmas & I do miss not having the real ones here.

 Thank you, Nick, for packaging these, they all made it in one piece through Plaster Rock & Renous!!

       Liz's embroidered cover page enhances the antique toys & furniture.

                                The Christmas joy these toys must have brought to children back in the day.

                                       The Christmas tree with knitted gnomes inside it.

                                                     The Christmas tree with the lights on!

 Ginny the bronze rabbit from Newfoundland, looks at home in the natural setting of berries & cones.

                    Week 2 of the 12 Weeks of Christmas is finished & on the granite coffee table.

                            A knitted gnome in the Christmas tree. Did you know that a proper dress gnome has a red hat and brown coat? I'm going to try to knit one in those colours before Christmas.

 Scentsy has a new melting pot this year. Jocelyne & I were at the craft sale in Baie-Ste-Anne & I spied this sweet new addition to our Christmas decorating. The sweater so reminds me of a Charlie Brown sweater!

I love Jim Shore's pieces, this is a cast iron door stop from his earlier days of designing.

 Don't these flowers look like hexi's? They were left over from the Christmas basket quilt I made last month. I carefully cut them out wanting to use them for something & here they are!

This is where those pieces came from, the inside of the baskets! I need to quilt this together too!
Sew much to do with sew little time.

                          I embroidered the Santa on a sheep during our power outage last week.

 And the sheep border print was a perfect fit for the embroidered Santa! This Santa is a piece that I wanted to do since 2016. I'm glad I waited because it all just seems to come together now.

 With my back out & feeling better this week I was unable to sit for any length of time so I spent time in front of my ironing board preparing the border & cornerstones for the Gnome For The Holiday's quilt.
 I wanted to personalize the quilt so I added in a Boston terrier in each corner wearing a different collar.

 This is my attempt at quilting a holly & berries border to the outside of the quilt.

 I used old fashion white chalk to do my stencil markings. I tried to drop the feed dogs but I did not have the control that I'm used to having so my berries are a little squished. lol

The snow was heavy & the winds picked up now I can't see outside anymore through my sewing room window.

I'm so glad I decorated inside! Oh, the weather outside is frightful & the fire inside delightful...

 I started clove oranges today. The kitchen smells heavenly with the smell of all the powdered spices that the orange is rotated in. Another standing project that I can do listening to the radio or watching programs on my laptop.

I hope the Christmas spirit is making itself felt in you, wherever you are.
Thank you for stopping in & remember it is just 39 days till Christmas, don't blink because it will be over before we know it!

Thank you for stopping in for a visit. It is very snowy here & feels like Christmas!
Cynthia

2 comments:

  1. Luv the Boston corners on your Gnome for the Holidays! Too cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once again your decorating is amazing. I know Christmas is your favorite time of year. I hope you feel better soon. I know you like to move fast and your back is not helping!

    ReplyDelete