Saturday, November 3, 2018

Christmas Memories - Past & Future

Whilst rummaging through Bill's shop last week, we came upon Bill's Hungarian grandmother,  Namama's Christmas tree.
I remembered that tree from Christmas' Past, sitting on a side table in her home.
I removed all the crushed & fallen decorations from it, fluffed ou the branches & dressed the tree again. I did not put the electric 'hot' lights back on it.

                             This little tree stands just 30" tall.

 I loved the foil pipe cleaner decorations on it.


 The Santa with his yarn legs & arms reminded me of the braided yarn dolls I made as a child.

 The frosted bell brought back memories too!

               Santa's elf

 These foiled & tissue wrapped candies are a Hungarian tradition. I asked Bill if his Namama ever used real candy when he was small & he told me how disappointed he was when he opened on to find it was just a decoration. lol






 I have placed this memory tree in my sewing room on an antique sewing table that I purchased a few years back in London ON at The Red Door Antique Shop.
I'll take a photo of it in there & share on the Christmas home tour next month.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is  Christmas fabric kit that I found at Edge Square Quilting in Barnaby NB.
It was just too perfect to pass up for the master bedroom!



I will have to wait until I have the Christmas presents made, then I shall play with this kit!

The Christmas cactus is being really showy this year, I think it missed me! I'm glad to see it back with me again. It was an inherited gift to me from Margaret Ann many years ago. She had willed me several plants & her daughter contacted me to pick them up as she was not a plant person & her mom knew that I was. Margaret Ann's plants have blessed me with their ongoing life & memory of her.
Isn't that just like a Christmas gift in itself, remembering those that have pasted, and you smile?!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What to do with kickboxing bags when a breakfast & craft sale is being held in that area?

 Donna our exercise instructor was asked to take these bags down to allow room for the tables


And to stop children from the temptation to want to kick & punch the bags. Problem was...
Bill had used lock-tight on them as they kept opening up with the swinging from the punches & kicking. So Donna asked if she could wrap them in a Dollar Store table cloth & they agreed.

I had an idea... it worked!

Jocelyne & I wrapped them with my quilts & tied them with cable ties at the top.


Dorice said she could have sold every quilt in my collection! lol

The quilts really did add interest to the room & five of the quilts were Christmas quilts!

Each of these quilts from my collection has a story behind them & what I was doing when I made these quilts. So many of my quilts are with friends & family too.
And this 2018 will be that gorgeous gold/yellow/black quilt for my side chair in the bedroom.

Thank you for stopping by & enjoy this season of merriment!
I heard my first Christmas song this year at the craft sale & purchased a few local-made gifts.

Take care as we turn the clocks back tonight, studies have shown people need that hour. I just want to see daylight before 8am!

Have a great weekend.
Cynthia



2 comments:

  1. OMG Those quilted around the kickboxing bags are gorgeous! What a creative solution :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how creative you are. The boxing bags looks so cute, like santas gift bags... :D
    Miss you!!! I finally figured out how to follow you on this site haha! xoxox
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete