Friday, February 17, 2017

After Another Snow Day

Last night we had another storm front move through, it was the storm Cape Cod had, mixing with northern Ontario & then when both were mixed & stirred, it was poured on us!
After yesterday's storm, it's getting harder to see into the backyard!

                                The view from the kitchen bay widow, baby it's cold outside!

 Baxter in his sleeping crate. It use to be Boris Loree's, I'll be adding Baxter's name to the otherside.


 
                                                         Baxter sleeps with his Teddy.

                                                     Come on out & start your day.

 They enjoy their pen. But now want to be with me when I move away from their pen.


                                                They are always interested in where I am.
                                                              Little eyes are watching!

 Mr. Boots likes to walk by & I think he knows that his catnip rat is in there with them!

                                 He has a different pen maze to navigate through each day. lol


                                        Mr. Boots is very large looking, next to the puppies.
                                    And the pups chase & taunt the cat, with their puppy sounds.
                                There sure is a whole lot of black & white animals in this house.
                             Grey Tom cat is the exception, Bill calls him the 'Grey Ghost'. lol

 I added a wrestling ring to the pen today. A soft place for their play of rough housing.

 A new route around the kitchen for Mr. Boots, he's going the back way, no way near those puppies!

They're watching Rexton in the empty great room. It will be painted on Monday & then the furniture can go back in. Bill returns in just 2 weeks to help get it ready for the kids coming home for Easter.

Bridget & Baxter had a good sleep last night from 10:30pm to 7am, I hope our training keeps going as well as it has. These two little pups are very clever & oh so lovable, they just love their cuddle time with me. They are getting more lively too!

Funny idea..
Bill was showing the pups photos in China, to his English friend, he said, to Bill  "You should of called the male Bardow, that way when you shout for them,  you'll call Bridget--Bardow!" LOL
This man called his female Masdiff  bulldog 'Wilma' & called for her like Fred Flinstone did!! LOL
He said when he visits this year, he's still calling Baxter, Bardow. lol
I should have thought of that!! With my cats, called  Tom & Jerry & their sisters from the 1st litter, named Buttons & Bose. lol Too funny! Bardow!




Before he left for China, he planted some seeds for the cats. They are beginning to eat my house plants again. Some mixed herbs & summer savory should hold them over till the Amazon cat grass seeds arrive.
The cats are not happy these days. Last week they were closed up on the east wing of the house as the great room floor was refinished. Then more contractors with their power tools arrived... now those puppies. Today has been the first day I've seen Rexton at this end of the house! Tommy was the first to adapt, I guess over his 18 years he has seen & been exposed to more. Mr. Boots only needed a day to move around the house but poor young Rexton, she needed nearly a week. Soon it will be like the puppies were always here. Till then I can't wait for spring, to take them outside for their bathroom breaks & a good run in the yard.
This week has been the training of pee pads & the wearing of collars. So far so good!


 Looking for a picture of the backyard in the summer, I came across this summer 2015, photo of Boris Loree. My first Boston terrier love.

I know that the grass is no longer there but neither are those 3 tree stump clumps!  More snow in the forecast for this weekend. Oh my, this is a white winter for sure. We're hoping that we don't warm up too quickly or the flooding will create a big problem.


Till then ... I'll just daydream of that evergreen tree, with the lovely long skirt, that's so covered in snow right now. I have to go to the second story to view the yard & I'm just dreading going outside to shovel the front porch off! I'm not going to growl at mowing the grass this year! lol


1 comment:

  1. Wow, you got even bigger snow drift than us I think. I'm thinking the same as you about not wanting the snow to melt too fast here either as we live in a flood zone beside the St John River.

    Your menagerie is keeping you very busy but I don't think you mind. They are sooo cute.

    Have a great weekend.
    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete