This weekend was a busy one finishing the Roman Shades for the lounge. I had purchased an extra curtain panel to just that! The challenge came when I didn't have the length needed to cut it on the straight of grain. So with some justification that it would be stitched every six inches...and I would have enough fabric if it was cut on the cross-grain for all three panels & a small rectangular pillow, I began my project. The blinds have blackout lining to aid with the seasons harshness. And I'm very pleased with all the work for this out come!
This room is nearly done. I'll have about 20 roman shades to make at the cottage this year! I took advantage of the Fabricland sale this weekend & bought a spool of blind tape & a 1000ft spool of the nylon/polyester thread. The salesperson asked if I had a business & I just smiled & said " well kind of, with a house, cottages, & rental property, it does keep me busy." I'm very pleased with the outcome of these blinds! Just a drop in the bucket for my summer days ahead with all the cottage sewing of roman shades & drapes. I love decorating though!