Sunday, January 29, 2012

Suet Balls--Yum

This weekend Bill & I tried our hand at making suet balls for the neighbourhood  feathered friends. I was purchasing them but it was becoming costly for this feathered flock & squrriels. So onto Google I went &  wrote down  the most relating recipes for suet balls,  all bacon grease was now being saved & the sunflower, cornmeal, grits, birdseed, & all vegetable shortening was added to the melted fat. I found these suet holders at the CO-OP a few summers ago in Baie-Sainte-Anne, NB. I was trying apples but that did not work, they love the suet mixture that Bill & I made up together & I was so pleased to see them all come together to feast. The photo was taken through the window so the clarity is not the best, the watching of them is though!

1 comment:

  1. This is so neat. Thanks for posting this. I hope that I can find some suet ball holder at our Coop. I love your little bird house. JB

    ReplyDelete