Friday, October 2, 2020

Leaving My Safe Haven...

 We are flying out for our son's wedding in Alberta. I've made many masks to keep me & those around me safe & I have hand sanitizer in my purse. I'm still very nervous about travelling & I've not left my furbabies before longer than 48 hrs. I know everything will be OK but I still feel anxious about leaving.


  Oh Rexy, you are going to have to adjust to not having me to tend to your many needs. lol

She really rules like the one & only cat in the house... she knows it too!

I asked her to 'look at me' for a pic. lol

Her ears tell me she is not happy! lol

The summer birds have all left our region now & the wrens are enjoying feeders these days.

The Blue jays are here & very hungry, we've seen up to eight at a time in the backyard & more in the front yard feeders. We have a lot of Blue Jays in our area.

The birdbath is popular place still to have a drink of freshwater or a dip in the water to clean up.

Pondering...

I took this 'selfie' of me in my dressing room with the pastel drawing done of me on my 17th birthday. It was done in the Skylon Tower in Niagara Falls, Canada 1974.

I always had a saying that I had seen, that went like this:

At 20 you have the look you have inherited
At 40 you have the look you have created
At 60 you have the look you deserve

I'm now 63 & I know I can do better care to myself with more exercise & some more weight loss is in the future too. 
This is a recent photo of my mom in a nursing home in London ON, she is 88 yrs old & hugs her teddy.
She can no longer speak or understand, dementia & several strokes have robbed her of her independent living. And knowing that I have inherited so much from her DNA scares me that I too will be denied my independence in the years to come. 

So for now I live in the here & now & do what I can to be my best self physically & mentally.
We are all dealt with the cards of life & it is how we play those cards that will determine the output.  


If it's broke round here we fix it! Here are my 90s' boots!


My old snakeskin cowboy boots needed a little TLC to make them shine like new again. I had given them a drink of Herbert Boot Oil but the soles needed to be coloured... This shows the before & after!
The Fusion paint that I used on the rocker the last post did the job beautifully! 

And now my outfit is complete!

I changed into the Fall decor to brighten up the dining area.

This April Cornell ensemble was purchased a few years back but never used until now, I like how bright everything looks in that area.

My black & white area is one of my favourites too! The red geraniums add warmth with colour & the old VIP fabric panel of the stuffed turkey that I made many years ago has surfaced again!

I will have lots of wonderful photos of  Mitch & Nicole's wedding to share with you.
I was also surprised by Bill when he told me he had purchased my Christmas gift in Red Deer & we are going there this Tuesday to pick it up... it is a Pfaff - Expression 720 sewing machine!!! 

Thank you for stopping in for a visit.
Until then, stay safe, stay healthy.

Happy Thanksgiving to you & yours!
We all have so much to be thankful for. :)

I'm going to see my three sons, whom I've not seen since last year!



"Worry gives a small thing a big shadow." Swedish Proverb
Keep your glass 1/2 full! :-)

Cynthia




No comments:

Post a Comment