Wednesday, February 12, 2020

February Focus - Fun!

I'm trying to stay focused on finishing some UFO's but oh my goodness, so many ideas are swimming in my head that I just have to get them out!

On the weekend the Alberta kids asked if it was possible to have a signature quilt for their wedding this October? Absolutely I thought & Bill was on Pinterest looking for ideas & I loved what he found!

 The white spots have signatures on it. This is probably from the USA as it looks very God Bless America. I'm thinking Muslin for the signing & Civil War reproduction with the colours of the fall.
Burgandy, gold, browns, greens, cheddar & some maybe some blue? Colours are in the planning stage right now.

I wanted to try the pattern!
Here it is in the fabric Farmhouse  Jellyroll that I received for Christmas from the Brampton kids, Leslie & Nicholas.

I had some yardage of Robyn Pandolp's fabric that looked good with it & used it for the signature squares. It finished 40" x 40" with one hundred squares made up. A great little table topper for Easter!
 Bill had a good idea with the center block being for the parents, then family around them, then more family & friends. I will make the signature blocks for the wedding & iron freezer paper to the back for easy signatures & the fabric will stay stable till it's ready for the quilt's construction.

 With the pink in it, Bridget thinks it is for her or she just wanted to photobomb my photo! lol

 I like this pattern! And it is so easy to do!! A four patch & half a snowball block, that is it!!

 This is not large enough for the wedding signature quilt, I hope the kids like this pattern.
It reminds me of the Barn Raising in with the Log Cabin. My girlfriend Cecile had a great idea of placing their wedding photo in the center, another idea!


 I did finish the kitchen drapes & I'm pleased with the look of framing the window with the Buffalo check. I used a Buffalo check tablecloth & lined them with an old Gluckstien flat sheet.

 Doesn't Bridget make you laugh?!! She has her tongue out when she's relaxed in a sleeping mode. lol

 The Blue Jays out east are huge! On some days, there are up to eight at a time at the feeders!

 This is February's Snow Moon, it was incredible to view on the morning of the 10th.

 The Snow Moon was over the Bay du Vin Island & wow I do believe I live in a paradise as my England friend Janine had said!

 Each season has its own beauty & this one was February's awe moments as well as the glittering snow on a sunny day!

Winter Wool Project - Sheep Knitting Herself

 I've been looking at 1981 Thread & Needle magazines that were given to me years back & found this project. It was love at first sight & I had to make her!
I used Dorin wool for the body, the horns too were wool & because I didn't enlarge the pattern because I did not want her to be that big, those horns were a challenge!

 I then started needle felting the body parts with roving & leftover rug hooked roving that fellow rug hooker Katie had removed from one of her projects years back.

 The used roving worked beautifully, thank you, Katie!

 How sweet is she?! I loved the way she turned out, just her glasses & knitting needles with her knitting is left to finish now. I'll post that next time, she should be finished by then.


 Baxter wanting something...he stands up to beg for his wants. lol

 And that want would be to have the firebox lit, the Boston terriers just love the heat from it. Me too!

This is an unusual moment because these two never sleep side-by-side, Bridget is exhausted from her day of play with Bill & truck riding when he's ploughing. Busy winter days.

Thanks for popping in for a visit. I hope you too are finishing up some UFOs of your own & being sparked with the creative bug & go into your own kyrotime - when time is suspended & minutes vanish into hours of creativity.

Remember: You don't stop playing when you get old - you get old because you stop playing!

Health & Happiness to you.
Cynthia



No comments:

Post a Comment