Sunday, September 8, 2019

Hurricane Dorian Arrived On My Birthday!

Northeast New Brunswick was not a direct hit nor classified a hurricane when it was upon us, the winds reached a top speed of 129km & the sound was very loud outside as we tried to sleep through the worse half of it. Erie when it stopped & there was just silence.



Don & Steph gave us this weather tracker from Lee Valley, Bill installed it to my clothesline post & we are so enjoying what is taking place in our immediate area. Scary night last night & we never had the direct hit! So happy that Bill was home with me & the furbabies.

 I canned 13 pints of beets after Bill left for his flight to Toronto this morning. He hates beets, the smell of the cooking drives him about as crazy as Brussel sprouts. I cook both when he is away, I love both! The beets are done for another year.

 Earlier this week Mustard Pickles were done, 21 pints in all! This is our family's favorite & everyone is coming home for Christmas this year. Yes, in just three months it is that time of year again!

 Bill was busy this week making thing more functional in my canning area in the basement.
I think he's taking a business call in between! lol

 He made me two shelves in an 'L' shape & I nearly have them full of empty bottles & canning accessories & now the full canned food can be seen & reached very easily.

 It was a nice day so Bill filled the Boston's Pepa Pig pool, Bridget just loves being in there.

 Baxter loves the pool too, they are great at sharing it & it's funny seeing them both in the pool together! lol

 We came home from grocery shopping & Baxter was curious & his snooping got him in trouble.

 Bridget just looked at him then looked at us to set him free, we were both laughing at his shenanigans. lol
 OK, Baxter, last photo & you will be free. lol

 Bill & I took a drive to Rogersville NB to Mr. Tomate & purchase a Diablo Ninebark for the trellis area, it will fill the area & has white flowers in the spring/summer. That little Totempole guy was the one I fell on & fractured my ribs, he scares me & can stay at the Eel River Apartment.

 The clothesline also was installed at the apartment this week & Bill put another owl on the top to welcome the birds when they return next spring.

 The clothesline is quite the height so there are steps to get to it.

 Bill has also put railings around & down the side of it since this photo. Thank you, sweetheart!
Handsome & handy, how lucky am I!

 This is the apartments front foyer in its summer glory.

 With the changing of the season, so too with the artwork. Fall has arrived with the cool nights & warm sunny afternoons. The kids are back in school & routine is setting in once more.

Time is moving quick & with the wedding of Mitchell & Nicole next October 11, 2020, this year is going to fly!! A wonderful Fall wedding in Alberta!
Found this photo of our home the way it looked when we purchased it, so much has changed with the original house & I'm so happy how it evolved into our home of today.
The blue water & the sunsets have not changed & are the best in the area!

Many family & friends have experienced the beauty that this part of Canada has to offer when they visit, all say I can keep the winters though. lol
I look at it as preserving myself in the cold, lol, telling myself 'This too will pass, don't wish your life away' & it does every year changing to spring, then summer, then fall to winter.
The circle game, let's play, let's live!

Wishing you a great week ahead wherever you are!
Health & happiness too!
Cynthia

3 comments:

  1. Was the Kong in the bag? No wonder he was curious! Caught red handed!
    I’m glad that Hardwicke wasn’t hit too hard by the storm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad the storm was not destructive in your area. Luv seeing the pics of Baxter and Bridget in the pool. Once again you shame us all with your industry, don't know where you and Bill find the energy!

    ReplyDelete