Sunday, September 22, 2019

Fall Begins Today

We have had a beautiful September & now the colours are showing the signs of fall.

 Baxter & Bridget are enjoying the warm afternoons with now mosquitoes as we've had a couple of frosts now & that has put the mosquitoes in a dormant hibernation state. And so many of us are happy with that!

I washed their fur toys the other day & laughed at the sight on the clothesline.

 When the Boston's get a fur baby toy, the 1st thing they do is 'destuff it'.

Then the game of tug-of-war begins & some are shredded, I've yet to find a 'tuff' toy for them but that skunk seems to be holding it together! lol

Such a beautiful day for laundry & furbaby toys. 

 Bridget loves to sunbathe on their bench in their penned-in area, Baxter sometimes joins her.


 Rexton prefers the morning flood of the sunshine in the laundry room as the cats don't go outside.

 This was a morning shot before a rainy day, with the pink hue in the sky you know to take your umbrella with you.
 As the saying goes 'Red sky in the morning is a sailors warning', no laundry hanging today.


Organizing For Another Season


With the cooler days ahead I thought I'd get a jump start on organizing my dressing room.
I emptied everything out of the one most used unit. Everything except my perfumes which are a rare personal treat to use now as everything is scent-free.

  
 Oh my! So many socks, t-shirts, undies, cammies, & blouses? I must have run out of the hanging room for blouses & put them there for safekeeping. lol

 Wow, where to start? I sat on the floor for hours organizing & categorizing in 'like' piles.

Ankle socks & sports socks...

Wool work socks & dress socks in plastic bins for easy pullout to look & choose.

And here is the finished pullout with socks & panties all organized!

This PAX unit is a joy to go to now!

T-shirts are organized in a recycled box - at a glance, I know what I'm reaching for!

Summer clothes were put away, not worn clothes were put in a bag for donation & there are empty shelves awaiting the winter wear that will soon be brought out.

Fall Decorating

The Jim Shore witch is one of my favourites to view this time of year!

The new crow weather vane is perfect on the sideboard.

And the skull dishes have now been brought out & are being used, for your viewing pleasure Nick!

The black & white dishes have been put in the IKEA cabinet & the blue & white Blue Willow put away till next summer. I'm loving these dishes!

Bridget blends in with all the fall black & white decorating. I put the resin cat on the bench for decorating & she shared her fur toy with the cat. How sweet is she?!

Creating Pleasures

I made this quilt for baby Elias born this summer. He got his crib sheets, one in pink piggies as 2019 is the year of the pink & one in the giraffe print to coordinate with this quilt.

His nursery was done with a jungle theme so I wanted to do something to enhance that theme & had this jungle panel that I added on to.

The back was done with a flannel paw print that I had used to make him a flannel crib sheet...you can never have too many crib sheets.


The cool evenings have me crotcheting a wool blanket for the great room in the colours of this Christmas PJ's.


Granny squares with no two alike, it gives one freedom to play with the colours, there are two different blocks, this is one & the other is much the same without the white round.

The white will outline the afghan & edge it off when brought together with a whip stitch.

This was my jumping-off point with the Briggs & Little heritage wool for that cozy afghan.
Soon these bolts will be washed, dried, & cut into PJ's.

The company from London, ON arrived this week for a seafood luncheon visit.
It was great seeing Penny, her husband Walter, & daughter Julie whom which they are visiting on PEI.
It was a beautiful day on Friday & you can see the birch are starting to change into their fall attire.

Thank you for stopping by for a visit!
Wishing you health & happiness, wherever you are!

Cynthia


No comments:

Post a Comment