Thursday, August 29, 2019

August Has Ended Already?

Summertime has the fastest wings of time out of all the seasons.
Where did it go?

 I was busy with entries for the Napan Agricultural Fair & did well again this year with my entries.
The weather was just beautiful for the fairgoers, most years it is raining.

 A couple mornings had surprises seeing the barge ships move through the Miramichi Bay to the Miramichi River, this barge ship is on the other side of Bay du Vin Island, looks like it's on land. lol

 I purchased this sweet antique child's rocking chair at The High Wheeler Antique Shop & later would go back...

 I couldn't get this wooden mantel out of my head. I phoned & asked for the dimensions, 80.5'' H by 60.5'' W & depth of 10.5''. I needed a large wall & the one in the stained glass studio would do it!

The mirror is old & beveled around the edges, the whole piece spoke to me & I'm happy it is now with me!

It also came with a cast iron inset. The history of it was that it came from a St. John estate & three of these were stored in an attic when the dealer went to pick it up.
I love old furnishing & this will add to the ambiance of old warmth this winter as I work in the studio. And the price was right at $375.00!

My girlfriend Sandy was here for a week & loved here Froggie birdhouse, she has a love for frogs!

Sandy took care of me for a few days as I had thrown my back out & was getting Chiro & acupuncture treatment that I responded to beautifully. After three treatments, I was more myself & pain-free. We finished our week off with laughter & will have phone conversations till we're together again.

 Sandy knows me as a cat person & gave me this vintage sweet functional cat.
It's a lint brush! Remember the days of the Miracle Brush? This is the same texture in blue, something every cat owner needs! Thank you, I love it!

Memories Of Eva - RIP

I emptied a bag of Bill's mom Eva's yarn & to my surprise her cat Mr. Boots must've picked up on her scent...
He is big, 24lbs & flattened the empty bag & laid down & purred. He must miss her as he was the one & only with her. Then came to live with us after her passing, with two other cats at the time & two puppy Boston Terriers later on. But for the moment I think he is just remembering her.

Summer Viewings

The lilies at the potting shed were plentiful this year!

The sleeve of my white blouse brushed against them walking by too closely  & that sleeve was so orange it took three times washings the blouse to release the orange colour!



The construction on the garage will start soon & all this will be cleaned up before winter.

One of my favourite views!

The fairy bird feeder attracts the small birds, so sweet to look at.


This is that huge Golden Eagle, he flies around this area often.


The backyard view of the Miramichi Bay & Bay du Vin Island.


Laundry dries fast as the wind tumbles through them, some days are 'extra clothespin' days. lol

Seaweed Swimming

Baxter in the red, Bridget in the yellow life jacket playing stick, with Bill.



Baxter leads & Bridget follows. lol
They found one leather flip-flop that day, could it be from the Bay du Vin Summer Survival?

I've been crocheting these days a scarecrow. I wanted to challenge myself with the 'checkered shirt', it looks hard but the instructions made it easy!

I added straw-like fibers to the yarn that was called for & love the look!

 I'm going to place him on the porch with the Fall decorations.

 He's also going to be getting a hair trim too! lol

 Cousin Ann has been busy with her beautiful sock knitting & mailed me this pair to wear in my cold winters here. Thank you! I love them!

MY FIND!!

 I was thrift store shopping with Maddy looking for roomy sweaters when I spied the stripes, could it be?! Yes & bonus, it fits!! The downside was the moths had put small holes throughout it but as a walk the dogs' coat it is perfect & from a distance, it is a beautiful Canadain made, a wool coat!

Oh Canada, what a fantastic find for $8.00!

The sunset the other night was gorgeous!

Not the same sunset but another night when Bill was home, he was playing with Nick's camera & took this shot! Wow, I love the sunsets here!

No nice sunset tonight as it is raining & will continue into tomorrow, the rain is much needed.
Donny, our eldest son will be arriving for the weekend, he's driving in from London, ON I hope that the weather is not too rainy for him driving through Quebec to New Brunswick. Looking forward to seeing him & will miss him & Maddy when they leave this Sunday.

I hope your summer was a great one & you too are enjoying this last, long summer weekend!
Health & Happiness,
Cynthia

2 comments:

  1. Love the scarecrow! Was Mr. Boots tasting the straw?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that 12 ribbons I see? We need a show-n-tell of all the winners ! Your mantle piece is fab - reminds me of the over-mantle I used to have. And the Hudson Bay jacket is a real find!! You always have such great luck thrifting.:)

    ReplyDelete