Friday, February 1, 2019

Vortex Is On Us

It has been so cold this week, today it was a -32C beginning for the day with 50km winds!
At this rate, I really am preserving myself in the cold!

I had a surprise package from London this week!
My girlfriend Sandy sent me a calendar from the University of Ottawa Equestrian Team, her daughter is one of the riders, gorgeous pictures of the horses with their riders.
Sandy also included a hot/cold thermos with Boston's & a nautical theme, how appropriate!
But wait there was more, I told her of a night that I awoke to feel so cold & when Bill was here he had adjusted the timer on the thermostat to go to 17C at night. It was OK when he was here but that kingsize bed was freezing that night! So Sandy fixed it, she sent me a cozy minky nighty!


The nightgown was wrapped in brown paper with this written on it! lol, I've worn several times this week & it is so nice!

 Rexton has taken up napping in the wicker basket that holds the unfinished blocks for the U Is For Unicorn quilt. She is also on the registers grabbing the warmth from the forced air furnace.

 The afternoon sun is beautiful & Bridget & Baxter take it in & the heat from the firebox too!

 Quilt Up-Date

 The upside of this project is that the metallic thread is working beautifully around the applique. I used the gold for the lettering & silver on the unicorn.

The downside is that I made the first block wrong! The unicorn is to be placed 'under the 'U' not over the 'U', so I made it again the right way & the wrong on will be made into a pillow cover.


 I'm really enjoying the needle punch rug hooking, this is the right side of it. The boats look very busy & the look will change when the blue is added.

 I'm working hard to make sure that the back is just as attractive as the front, a lot of redoing, it is new to me & I'm still enjoying the process of doing it whilst watching TV at night.

 Bridget Loree is staying in these days as she cannot take the cold. She's enjoying her chair with the borg blankets on it & a few of her toys to keep her company.

 The thought of going outside doesn't excite her anymore, it is so frigidly cold that she's limping just coming in for her washroom breaks.

A pair with cabin fever, you should hear them wrestle each other & run up & down the hall.
Like everything else this too will pass,  it is so cold to even be cozy inside you can hear the wind outside & the sunshine is so deceiving!

Thank you for stopping in for a visit, I hope the firebox made it a little cozier for you as we sure are enjoying that radiant heat from it.

A thought for this weekend.

There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.
                             Edith Wharton

Have a warm safe weekend.
Cynthia


2 comments:

  1. Nice gift from your thoughtful friend. It's been cold here to today but's it warming up. It was -18 ℃ but warmed up to -13℃. It will continue to warm up this week. Only 47 days to Spring and I'm counting down. I don't blame the dogs for not wanting to stay outside. Brrr.

    You made good progress on your projects. I'm not working on anything right now, just cocooning. Actually, I'm still slowly sorting through my things that I no longer need or give me joy.

    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luv that you started the U is for Unicorn quilt. I've been showing mine off here @ Oakcrossing and the ladies love it. Your's in red will be lovely :), red is my favourite colour!

    ReplyDelete