Sunday, March 11, 2018

March Break Is Over In New Brunswick

I have not been very good at posting...
I came down with my first cold/flu in four years & it is knocking the stuffing out of me. I think I have turned the corner but the cough & congestion is an annoyance. Thank you Bill for sharing & I'm glad your feeling better, I dropped my gaurd with the 'arms length rule' with him last weekend.

Winter is back...

                                                   It looks rather scary with the ice claws!

 It is a good time for me to be sick but now I'm getting sick & tiered of shovelling the snow.

 This made me laugh out loud this week! See the squirrel inside the squirrel proof bird feeder that I brought from Ontario?

 The red squirrels here are the size of a chipmunk & can move very fast. There are three now that feast inside their new resturant but only one at a time go inside.

 I'm just glad no one is going hungry through these snowy times. I have a fondness for squirrels, from a distance!
 This is the view from the front porch this morning & next to the evergreen is where I feed the birds/squirrels. I just keep telling myself that this is winters last hurrah.


And now there is another storm front moving in for Wednesday into Thursday. Winter just will not let go to northern New Brunswick.

 It is really piling up by the wee potting shed. I've been told that snow is the poorman's manure, the lawns are going to look great this spring!

 The dogs pen is filling up too! Bill snowblowed it out last weekend when he was here..



The Gardian Gargoyle looks like I feel these days with the head cold & snow! lol
This was the view the other day with the snow/wind storm. Yes, that is th silhouette of Rexton fast asleep in her cat tower. The snow has fallen of the roof & is now up to the bottom of the window & has quickly moved higher each day to the point of viewing the snow where the billboard is covering & protecting the muffin bush. Oh my, the nice thing is that it is no longer bitter cold, just very damp & cold.
The view from my sewing room is really white & I'm so thankful to have the evergreens to view through the winter. The snow fence is lost now, it is buried with snow.

Inside The Sewing Room

I've kept busy with this insane BOW, yes a new block to make every week!!
It was the first block that pulled me in...

 This is the first block

 The 2nd block

 3rd block, I'm still working on it in the evenings infront of the TV.

 The 4th block, so many french knots!

The 5th block. I've yet to get to it but it is ready to get stitched & block 6 has been traced out onto the heat & bond & will soon be ready for wool colour selection.

This block is released every Friday till the end of April. It is free pattern & fun to do with friends, three of us are doing it right now.

Little Nancy

Upon unpacking some more boxes I found little nancy, she stands 12 inches tall & was purchased for me by my mother in 1957 from the Simpson's Department Store in London. It would be my companion in my crib, fingers & toes are chewed off but other than that she's lovely.
I made her a new pink dress, bloomers, & bonnet. Easter is in the air, it may not look like it though!


After finding her with nothing on, I felt bad that I had taken time to make a full outfit for another doll but not mine. We should value what we have & I set to make it right. Now she is a proper heirloom, complete with shoes & socks!

You're A Mean One Mr Boots!


 He really rules these dogs, with one look & growl, 'Did I tell you to leave the room?'

 They will stay away from him & look how he places himself in the hallway! They cannot even get to their toys!

 Once Mr Boots moves, then they move but not until! It is so funny to watch.

Foyer Decorating

 This table was what I had in mind for the foyer but it was used as a prop in a house that we were selling. I'm so glad that it is home now!

 The clock needs to find a mantel but for now I need to hear its chimes through the night. A ticking chiming clock is like a heart beat in the house for me.
How sweet is that rabbit that Bill picked out at Winners, he also found the vase & flowers! Great finds sweetheart!

 Bill hung my favourite watercoloured origional art piece up too! The trilliums are so pretty & this was the first piece of artwork that talked to me at an art show & I had to have it come home with me.

 The foyer has opened up & will have more light & reflection to it when Bill & Mitchell bring the final trailer load of things from London. In that trailer will be the floor to ceiling mirror that will go on that blank wall. Then the door & transom & side lights will reflect into the mirror creating a avery bright spot upon entry.

Fond Memories

Those of you at a certain age, will remember the Friendly Giant. It lasted only 15 minutes & it held our attention the whole time.
I fond this memory picture, perfect in black & white at the Open Door Antique Shop in Chatham, NB. I smile inside & out when I view it.

What an inviting show for children to watch in that era! Educational too, with such simple puppets & a kind soft spoken giant.

The clocks sprung forward last night & it is snowing again today. Maybe next week this time will be a better bright, snow melting day. Spring will arrive soon & Easter very shortly after that & this too will all be a winter memory.

Thank you for stopping by & having a safe visit with me & my cold. I hope your doing well with your health & the weather is more spring like for you!

A thought to ponder

Dreams come a size too big so that we can grow into them.
                                                                                          Josie Bisset

Have a wonderful week!
Cynthia

1 comment:

  1. Luv the French knots on block 4. I always find embroidery so relaxing. Not very relaxing here as I have decided to sell my home and move into an apartment.Trying to downsize and get ready for an open house whilst enduring another Frozen Shoulder - OUCH. Ah well, at least it's 7 degrees and sunny today. Spring is around the corner here on Ont. :)

    ReplyDelete