Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Virgine Meuse, I'll miss you!

This is a woman that showed me only affection & kindness. She always called me 'her angel' but truth be known she was mine! Virgine  died on my birthday, September 7th.

I first met her in the summer of 2009, our first meeting was as I approached her in their garden & she beamed me the biggest smile. I had met her daughter Valma the day before when I was mowing the lawn & she had invited me over to her place. So that was our first meeting, every year since, we would write each other via snail mail monthly till my return to the summer cottage.
Last year was the first year she never wrote me, she never left her bed. This photo was last November & that was the last time I saw her & felt her affection.
Now I've a box of hand written letters and wonderful, smiling memories of this beautiful woman named Virgine Meuse. 
You will be missed my friend.

1 comment:

  1. So sorry to hear about the passing of your sweet friend Virgine.
    May she rest in peace.

    How nice of you to be a part of her life and adding some spice to her days.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete