Monday, March 14, 2011

St. Patty's Day

I was taught the love & excitement of St. Patty's Day at an early age from my grandmother, on my mom's side. She was of an Irish descent & use to tell me stories of the St. Partrick's parade that use to take place & how her father would take the horses & braid green ribbons through their tails. She was very much Irish...in fact 'Irish' is what she called the kitten I gave her years ago...as the kitten had green eyes. Grandma's been gone a long time now & is fondly remembered by me... particularly on St. Patrick's Day. 


 I had made another one of these wall-hanging's  from the Quiltmaker Magazine & gave it to my father-in-law, as he too is Irish & just loved the wall hanging, he displays it proudly in his living room. You've gotta love the Irish!

No comments:

Post a Comment