Sunday, August 21, 2022

Trying To Organized My Creativeness...

I'm trying hard to organize my creative areas & get a better handle on my creativeness.

I spent the afternoon finding my sewing machine area & I'm so pleased that today I'm going to tackle the cutting area next to it.

I am for sure a piler with the idea that I'll get back to it, I never do & many more plans & projects are added to the multi-layers of finished project scraps. 

I love scraps they are like old friends that have memories for me & I want to make a scrappy quilt with them if only I could organize more time in my day!

This is not for everyone from what I have been seeing on Pinterest & other sewer's sewing rooms. I am a bit envious of how they can hide everything that is used. I love my sewing room & the memories it evokes as I create the next wonderful idea that is in my head & then in my hands!

Progress was made yesterday!

I really wish I would have had a picture before of this area that is now ready for the next project!


I store wool, serving threads, & some clothing patterns under the sewing area.

The serving area used when I make clothing is now home to the notions for marking & specialty needles. I love to have Scotch mints at hand to have a sweet treat every now & then. 

I am so enjoying having a small laptop with a speaker to listen to tutorials & music. I was watching The Mom & Pop Quilt Shop on Saturday.


There is so much stuff on this wall length, it starts with an antique 1800s oak mantel from St. John NB, my sewing machine area that was an office desk from our company working days & a cherry china cabinet that the cat loves to go into & sleep on a quilt that is stored in there. 

Awe yes, my race car days, wow what a blast of adrenaline going 135mph in 9.35secs, the best time in my race days. I finished my bucket list of going down the Miramichi Dragway before retiring.
I still have my first race car, Cobra Mustang SVT & I did take it for a ride down the highway this summer. Bill built me the car that is on the clock after that as he said I would ruin that 5-speed racing it.

OK, this is today's job...
There is a cutting mat under all this chaos. These are my WIPs - work-in-progress.

The top of this was cleared last week!! So much to do...sew little time.
Yes Nicholas those are your Pokeman PJs that will be tackled with your dad's fishing PJs this week!

I'm going to move the library of binders to a bookcase downstairs & will take out projects at hand & return them as if it was a library. lol

I've had this sign since the 70s, the colours are now coming back! But it says the best for this area.
This paint-by-number was done by me in the 60s, I was 11yrs old & saved & used 2 weeks of my allowance money to purchase it at the Hub Variety store. Dad helped me frame it & the tape is still on the back holding that precious picture in the plastic frame. Simple memories that make me smile, this room is my happy spot!

Another view of the same area of tackle today. There is a 36" cutting mat under it!!

I will tackle the top of the china cabinet another day...

Yes, that is the gorgeous Cobra Mustang but in front of it is the newest find!!
A solid cherry Gibbard china cabinet, this is the bottom. Four opening doors on the bottom with a solid wood shelf inside it! Also three drawers, the center two open as one big one!

This is the top of the china cabinet with four opening doors!
I wanted a special unit to hold all my Bunnykins that I have collected & been gifted over the years, this is the unit that is going to do just that!

What a beautiful unit it is! The company closed in 2010 because of cheaper made furniture that came in from China but the quality of these solid wood furnishings will outlast it!

This solid oak TV unit is in my sewing room now but will move to the basement for storage.
The navy botanical fabric is the skirting that I'm making for the under-counter in my potting shed to hide all the planting pots that are under it now. I'll post pics when that is done. :)

The new cabinet is smaller in width than this one & will create a wider feel to the room.
This room is wider in the front as you walk in & the width of the large window at the other end. 

The Dollarstore lilies are in bloom right now & are loving the heat & humidity!

I don't remember the name of this flowering bush that is so beautiful next to the dark siding on Bill's shop.

Baxter & Bridget are enjoying their pool time in their new pool from Dorice.xXx
This is their third pool in five summers. The plastic weakens from the sun making it brittle & cracks. The duct tape works for a while but it too wears down & the leaks happen again.

Bridget is a funny little girl Boston terrier, she loves the pool so much, and so does Baxter, they love summer & the cool-down that happens in the pool after playing fetch.

I hope you too have a cool-down area to go to with the dog days of summer upon us.

Well enough procrastination, time to put the timer on & do some work in the "Bless This Mess'' area.

Have a great week, I know I will as the kids, Nicholas & Leslie are Eastcoast bound & will be home here to start a new chapter in their life in their new home in Miramichi, NB.

My heart is so full of all the wonderful changes that are taking place within our family living in three different provinces. 

Like branches of a tree, we grow in different directions, yet our roots remain the same.

I'm looking forward to seeing all my children again at Thanksgiving. 

Have a wonderful week - wherever you are.

Thank you for stopping in to see the organizing that I am trying to do...
When all I want to do is create, well I guess I am creating, a more workable space! 
LOL

Stay safe, stay healthy!
Cynthia









1 comment:

  1. Oh my, oh my... I don't know how you can find what you're looking for in all that stuff, but I'm sure you know just where every thing is. It doesn't seem to stop your creativity at all. Me, I can't stand clutter, it suffocates me and just can't function in clutter. ( but I still have clutter) lol... I have a need of less stuff. I like wide open spaces with little clutter. I'm trying to downsize and my husband keep filling up the spaces I clear and he's winning. lol... I get embarrassed by clutter.

    My husband doesn't mind clutter it seems, but can't find anything he's looking for. His problem is that he never put things back where they belong after finishing a job and leaves his tools or papers wherever. Then I have to help him find it. I organize all his smaller tools in drawers and label the content but in no time there's disorder again and he goes and buy more tools...
    We are all creatures of habits it seems.

    Happy decluttering. If anyone can do it. it's you.

    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete