Friday, April 29, 2022

And Then There Was None, Snow That Is!

 This morning it is raining still with snow showers coming our way again. The good thing is that it does not last and the puddles are pooling again!

The robin is my spirit animal, it just makes my heart sing & lets me know everything is right because winter is over. I saw over a dozen in the backyard on the lawn! They are so plentiful in this area.

Can you spot the wee chickadee in the bush? The chickadee is our provincial bird!

The robins are enjoying the ground thawing, see how the ditch is still with snow!

Tulip's heads are emerging in every garden now!

We had quite the storm-like conditions yesterday of snow & wind! This bird found shelter in the large evergreen next to the back deck.

I think it was a large woodpecker?

Here is the same bird now scavenging on the lawn.

To the left is the last of the snow on our back lawn!! And soon there will be none!
Bill arrives home today after being gone for two weeks & is he in for a surprise to see how the snow vanished!

Lots of large puddles in the backyard and it is so soothing to see the water, even if it has been white caps with all the wind this week!

The geraniums have all been blooming with the longer days & it is so lovely in the sunlight!
They still will not be able to go outside until mid-June when the last frost is gone.

The free tutorial by Jenny Doan of Missouri Star Quilt Co. - Happy Spring Wall Hanging - PAT 4464 has the tulips & fence from it, there are more pattern images inside this pattern.
I was inspired by Laura-Lynn of Mom & Pop Quilt Shop tulips I saw on her design wall & made a banner of my own!
It needs to be quilted up & will hang on the front porch!

This is my Mother's Day gift from Donny, a 1930s sewing machine! xXx I was delighted to see it had everything needed to sew a chain stitch. I need to have a vice grip to hold it down to the table & will have Bill help me with that.

It is in beautiful shape & I'm curious to see the stitch it creates!

I'm just finishing the June - Bareroots Little Stitchies. I'm nearly 1/2 way through the year now!!

The ants made me laugh as I made them in this picnic scene block. lol

Last Saturday I sewed the 36 bear blocks, they are now done! I watched Laura-Lynn whilst I sewed the 2 1/2" paws together. This Saturday, Mom & Pop Quilt Shop will be doing a jelly roll project that I'm excited about! Stop in on YouTube to have a view too!

The little Bozo the Boston is all put together & how sweet is she?!

This is the third one I've knitted & the whole pattern is one of counting with increasing & decreasing.


This is the small one done on #11 needles with one strand of yarn. I used 100% wool by Briggs & Little yarns of New Brunswick.

The larger one is done with doubled yarn & a #9 needle. This is a vintage pattern & I understand the pattern language by Beehive yarns. 
I struggle with England's pattern language & will learn it via YouTube classes!

This Boston terrier really reminds me of Bridget Loree & the other larger one will look more like Baxter Loree...when I finally knit that one.

April sure has been one of April Showers & has really helped with making the snow disappear. The good news is that there was no big damaging flooding in New Brunswick this year.

Thank you for stopping in for a visit this rainy month! I hope you are enjoying spring wherever you are!
There is so much to come here on the northeast Atlantic coast with spring coming to life as the ground is thawing. :)

People are like teabags - You have to put them in hot water before you know how strong they are.

Have a wonderful weekend as this month ends and we go into beautiful May & its bud-blooming bushes, trees, and gorgeous coloured flowers. It is so exciting!!

Cynthia xXx




No comments:

Post a Comment