Friday, March 11, 2022

Countdown Is On!

 The countdown to spring is on with just 9 days to go! And the clocks springing forward this weekend to speed things up... if only in time. ;-)

It's green on the inside with St Patrick's Day next week but on the outside, it is still very white!

The winds have been nasty from the open Miramichi Bay & the back deck has a huge icy snowdrift formed on it.
The tulips & hydrangeas blooms of colour are gone.

The celery is growing & I love the green texture from the lacey leaves!

Here is the other stem end growing green too!

The geranium is feeling the sun's warm & has started to bloom!

This geranium has huge 6-7" leaves on it. This is the plant that goes on the front porch every year.

I started hooking Bill a rug this week. I had made two patterns of the MUSTANG logo & gave one to Nicholas that had a border to it. I'm still thinking about how to finish the border on this one. 

This is a project that I forgot to show you!
It is a monthly Bareroots 'little stitchies', each month's block measures 12" x 12".
As I was getting them laid out to show you for the first time I could not help but notice that the third square of the four rows is green!! Ooops can you tell that I just put them together individually & when brought together voila, this is it!

Each little stitching in the center measures 5" finished with the border around it 1 1/2", hence 'little stitches'! 
Here's January.
February!

March winds indeed!
And I'm currently working on April, yes Easter time!

Here is May, I had left over blue house thread colour in my needle so I added it here. You can see how it comes together with thread colour. I'm thinking of adding some pencil colour but will wait to see all the blocks done before I add that medium of colour.

Here is the Modernational Bear Paw in the works. I have removed the last row of bear paws & will be adding it to the top giving it a longer length & shorter width. I'm making it to hang in the front foyer to replace the Canada quilt that has hung there for five years. I need a change of colour & texture & the black/brown/grey neutral colour has been my palette for a while.
 
I watch Mom & Pop Quilt Shop on YouTube & Laura Lynn came up with a pattern using the half Hexi ruler. I was gifted some very bright 1/2yd fabric from Leslie & used many of the bright colours for the grandmother's garden flowers. 

I goofed doing the center of this 'Walk Through My Garden' quilt & called this one ' Come see my double bloomer'. This does not look like her pattern layout colour but it was a good class in learning how to work with the ruler. I also added a braid border to the two sides but the quilt top is off to the longarm quilter so I'll show photos of the finished Easter table topper when it gets back.

In my stash, I had some Kathy Schmitz fabric that I thought would be perfect for the flower centers.
It fits the top of the table with just a little overhang, making it comfortable to be seated around.

With rain coming this weekend it should bring the winter snow accumulation down.
I love this fake plastic grass that I had purchased so many years ago for display in one of our tradeshows.

This is another Laura Lynn idea but she made the pinwheel squares into a wall hanging of nine. I 1/2 the pattern size & made this St Paddy's Day pillow for the foyer.

Oh my goodness when I saw this gnome I knew he was destined for the gnome home this year!
He was too familiar to me. xXx



I may be getting some reddish paint for his beard. 

How cute is he!! xXx
I'm putting together the stained glass window for the gnome house & Bill is going to have it underlit with a flower box under the window for me to add flowers to. 
So much to look forward to this spring/summer with the yard coming to life after being covered with its blanket of snow.

Thank you for stopping by for a visit. I hope you come back again. 
Please stay safe & healthy, here's an inspirational quote that was in my journal that I really liked, hope you do too!

DO SOMETHING TODAY THAT YOUR FUTURE SELF WILL THANK YOU FOR

It meant something to me as I am not taking anything with sugar to get my arthritis in control. But it has many meanings to many people.
My dad once said to me 'If I would have known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself.' 
That has always stayed with me.

Have a wonderful week & we'll visit again this spring! 
Cynthia xXx








1 comment: