Sunday, February 27, 2022

21 Days And Spring Will Arrive!

 Winter is nearly in the rearview mirror with only 21 days until spring arrives!

And with March 13th the day that the clocks move ahead giving us more daylight!

Yes, it is coming.

Did you know that you could grow celery from the celery stalk? I read that you could so I tried it!

It is from an organic celery stalk that is cut off then placed in water. You have to keep the water level up as it evaporates!

OMGoodness it worked!

It has since been transplanted into high-quality sphagnum moss rather than the water & it keeps growing!
The green is a gorgeous limey green & adds life to the kitchen.

Sewing Away...

Buttermilk Basin has a free BOM sew along with a banner that is sewing themed.
And you know that sewing makes my heart sing!
How sweet is this!?!

Stacey West of Buttermilk has designed it to have a new oval each month!
I placed velcro (a Canadian invention) in the oval to exchange it monthly.

Here is January's oval.
The mystery oval is revealed on the 2nd week of each month.

Here is February's oval! 

I placed January's above with a magnet glued to the back. 
I will display them on my sewing room metal shelf!
I keep my sewing room door closed when the company arrives so this is what is viewed by guests.
It is a fun BOM! 

Bill purchased the tulip & hyacinth bulbs at the grocery store to add some spring colour indoors.
Looking out the window behind them we still have loads of snow.
The geraniums at the window are starting to bud, they too feel the energy of the spring days ahead!

Our 8-year-old granddog 'Lois' is always being mistaken for a male, so I made her this pink batik scarf & mailed it off to Alberta for her.

I saved this tape out of clothing that I had to personalize her scarf. I think the Lois bull looks like a dog!

Here is Lois, styling her new spring pink scarf!

She does look pretty in pink! xXx

Big Project!!

The big project that I'm doing is called the Modernational Bear Paw Quilt.
It has been on my to-do list.
I'm nearly done with the 56 - 7" bear paw blocks!

The 43 pieces of cut fabric to put this together is 1 1/2" with the 'pads' being 2 1/2". 
Sew much sewing...
Wait until you see the bear, it is what made me want to do this quilt & I'm so happy that it is the next step of sewing. I'll post it when the bear appears!

I was looking through Replacements LTD, and can upon these Williamsburg brown sherbert dishes!
They were $4.99 ea!


The brown glass compliments the Friendly Village dishes! I just love this glassware find!


Bill captured this photo of a fox in our backyard, moving along our breaker wall, just gorgeous!!
I love living alongside nature.

The ice storm was beautiful to view from inside the house but dangerous for walking.



The potting shed had birch trees resting on its roof, it sprung up when the ice melted off but the tree next to it will need some tree grooming!

The carousel diner was closed due to ice build-up.

Bill built this transparent feeder & we wondered who was taking the peanuts out of the glass jar!

The woodpecker! lol He ate the peanuts there & left the empty shells! lol


The ice storms that we've had in the last few weeks have taken down more birch & poplar trees.
Now we are back to snow days. This too will pass with the coming of spring so I'm just going to enjoy the days as they happen.

Thank you for popping in for a visit, I hope you are enjoying this season as much as I am & looking forward to the next wonderful season of spring! 

This week I heard this saying...

Our genes load the gun - our choices pull the trigger.

Something to think about as we steer to make healthy choices!
 
Stay safe & healthy.
Cynthia xXx







No comments:

Post a Comment