Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Settling In For Winter

 Winter has arrived & Bill is enjoying his new tractor's snowplow, he says he feels guilty with the heated cab after not having one as it is so enjoyable working now, in the cozy heated cab.

Christmas has been all put away for another year & the snow is starting to pile up only to reveal the loveliness of joyous spring. I love that season too, I think next to fall it's my favourite!

I did some hand embroidery of a Kathy Schmitz pattern. I did it twice as I wanted to see colour in the one & the mono-black on the other. It reminds me of an old photo I once saw of my mother that had colour added to it, she was wearing a plaid suit coloured in that blue.
I like them both!

Here is the black one finished with the black rickrack around it.
Rexton is on the cat bed that I ripped out & did a runner instead with the yarn. I could not get the sides to stay up in the bed but I loved the variegated red yarn & it does have some cozy wool content in it for warmth. She has claimed this bench with all the morning sun as it floods the foyer.

I saw this pattern of Edyta Sitar & envisioned it in the Kathy Schmitz Maryland fabric. I cut the yardage in 2 1/2" strips for the nine patches & alternated the 6" blocks with a solid mottled black & anchor white background fabric.

Bill loves it & I do too! It has a masculine nautical feel to it so I think the boys may like it too!

I was surprised to find this anchor fabric by Robyn Pandolph! I was used to her soft florals so this was quite a surprise for me & it was just the contrast fabric I needed for this project!

This is one of our family photos from Christmas, I sure miss having them all together. It will be another two years before we are all together again. I wish I had smiled more in this pic!
Everyone else is perfect!! 

The sun is so warm when it shines & Baxter & Bridget(with her stuffy) are enjoying it!
You can feel the days changing as the sun is coming up just a little sooner & the day is lasting just a little longer. Winter is in full force moving towards spring!

Rexton enjoys the sun on my lap with my dark navy pants & wool vest. Hard to believe she turns eight this summer. She has never warmed up to the two Bostons as she did with Boris Loree, she just tolerates them! lol, Bridget loves to lick her face & she finds that to be wet & disgusting.
Cats rule - Dogs drool, this little stumpy Manx knows that!!



Thank you for stopping in for a visit & I hope you too are staying happy & healthy through this pandemic. I stopped listening to CBC radio as it brings my spirits down with all the Covid talk that we are learning to live with. It is life & we need to do our best to stay healthy through this pandemic as we enter another year.
I'm on a two-week lockdown until January 31 & will be doing another quilt that is in the queue of my to-do-list. 

Thank you again for listening to my rant, something I did not want to do but Covid is like a song that never ends. 

Stay safe.
Cynthia







No comments:

Post a Comment