Wednesday, May 26, 2021

So Green & Colourful Here!

 The weather has been gorgeous & the rain through the week has made everything so green & lush. As the temperature rises into the 20's it has brought everything to life!

These violas were spread around from Costco baskets brought here back in 2013, every year there are more & more of them each spring!

Peonies, in just a matter of days the leaves are now on them!

This will be a very fragrant spot when they bloom!

How beautiful are nature's colours?!

These bulbs are between two lilac bushes that are tall like trees now!

The lamb's ear loves the soil & light conditions here & has sprung seedlings everywhere! This is the original placement for them & they are back!

Such a beautiful colour!

I have an idea for all of these rogue violas...

Their profile is low & the root system is shallow...

Bill & the Bostons surprised me with a wonderful idea Bill had! Through the Anniversary trellis to my potting shed...

He made a meandering cement block walkway!

How enchanting is that?!! Can you visualize the violas in the black spaces between the blocks? I can!

I just love how this project came to life! Thank you, sweetheart! 

Cement is the answer when you live so close to saltwater, wood does not last for long here & the price of it right now is highway robbery!

He's going to put grout-like cement dust between the stones once they are in a position to stop weeds from forming. I just love what he has done! He had Bridget & Baxter with him the whole time supervising. lol

This was the forsythia bush at the end of the potting shed when it came to life with colour!

And now it is green with leaves! Spring moves into summer so quickly once the weather arrives!
The mosquitoes & black flies are coming to life too! 

I made Lucy One a new daisy dress for spring! Lucy Two has on the crocheted bubble bee suit from several years back.

She looks so fresh & spring-like on the front porch, in her new dress!

Also on the front porch is a solar filagree light that Stephanie & Don gifted me with for Mother's Day.

It looks so metal like however it is light plastic & shines beautifully at night on the porch.

I committed myself to do the 12-day free quilt along with Edyta of Laundry Basket Quilts. Oh my, it was 225 - 4 1/2" block to construct to form a quilt she called Michigan, from Lake Michigan blue waters. I did mine with the thought of my china blue dishes!

Here are the 225  blocks in position to be sewn together!

Here they are all sewn together with a finished 4 1/2 border sewn on. I made the whole quilt top from my blue stash with the exception of the border fabric that I had recently purchased for a summer cotton blouse. I do like it in the quilt & surrounding the quilt. So glad to see this fast 12-day project done!

I'm still in the game with the Wild & Wonderful Mystery wallhanging, this is block #7 designed by Heather Moylan-Anderson of www.countryramble.net. I made my bird a blue jay & embellished the bird & blueberries with glass beads. There are 9 blocks & an appliqued border when this project is done.

Bill's sister Margaret & BIL Scott sent this parcel to us & Bill got the point when he pulled it out of the lockbox mailbox! They had sent belated Easter gifts of chocolate, a needlework Hungarian table cloth & napkins belonging to Namama, two hatpins & miniature shoes, that belonged to great-grandmother Lewis, these were gifted to her from Ernie, Bill's dad & now gifted to us with some IKEA chocolates!

Our niece Elizabeth had posted on FB what she enjoyed for Easter & I had told her that Uncle Bill would love the chocolate & would make me a pattern of that IKEA rabbit for the garden.
 If you can dream it, you can do it! Thank you, Bill! 
A good coat of varnish on the 'chippy goodness' rabbit from recycled wood & it is ready for the garden!
Much thanks to the Henderson family in California! XO

I'm working on some embroidery pieces from years back of both mine & my good friend Liz (RIP). 
I'll show you more next post! 

Thank you for stopping by for a visit. I hope the restrictions are soon lifted with everyone being vaccinated for the Covid19 this 2021!

Health & Happiness to you!
Cynthia








1 comment:

  1. I love the path to the potting shed and especially the curves. It makes it more fun going to the shed. I love the blue quilt top. You are so talented. Enjoy the growing season.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete