Monday, January 13, 2020

Sunny Snowy Day, Winter Has Arrived

This morning is a sunny snowy day & I can see that winter has arrived. We have been so lucky this year as snow fell in areas above us & below us as we remained the donut with nothing inside for us.
Until yesterday.

This is what it looked like when I went to bed & the snow & wind still had several more hours before it would stop. I thought I would reach out to the rest of the family with 'Snow Day' I was having.

Bill is in Tampa FL with the Elevator Code Meetings & said it was 27C there & sent me this photo!

Donny said it was OK to have a BQ in London but slippery & his neighbour took a fall!
And two hours up the 401 highway in Brampton GTA...

 Nicholas said they had freezing rain & a flash freeze that he would trade it for snow & I would too, ice is so dangerous walking & driving in. He is living on the 27th floor of a highrise. Nasty weather!

Mitchell sent me a weather shot, it is too cold to snow there! Burr in Alberta.

I guess the weather is winter wherever you are. lol, I shovelled today for my exercise whilst the snow was light & fluffy to lift.

 The big blower snow plough did the job on the long laneway & parking lot, I did the porch & steps.

 This is the view from the upstairs stain glass studio. The division of the shore & water is beginning to blend together making it look like the tundra again. Smelt fishing has been going on & smelt fries in the community have started.

 And I'm very thankful to have evergreens on our property to break that tundra look.

 The dining room view, with evergreens to the left & to the right, straight out is the Miramichi Bay.

 The potting shed is snowed in till the spring now & I've already started my springtime dreaming. :)

 This huge evergreen looks very close to the window today, it startled me coming out of the pantry!

I think the 'snow waves' bring things closer & the brightness from the sun is blinding today.

 How cute is this pillow?! Thank you, Sandy, I love it! And I have redone the dining room in black & white, how vogue is the new pillow?! I hope you are enjoying your new baby Chow puppy!

And this precious needle felted Boston made its way to me from SIL Margaret in California. So sweet, I love it! Thank you!!
 I hope you are enjoying Sally, your new baby puppy!
That makes three new baby pups that have wonderful loving homes that I know of this 2020 & it is only thirteen days into it too! Good luck, I adored my Bostons as babies but the work was exhausting to me as it was just me looking after two puppies. Many hands, little work, that will help with these new puppies. I love anything Boston! lol

Rexton thinks that every basket is hers!

Big cat in a little basket!

She circled & circled it trying to increase the size, hoping it would stretch out somehow.

Those are 'mad Manx ears'. She should feel lucky that she's a Manx without the long domestic cattail or it would be even more crowded in that wicker basket! lol

The bay window is such a hot spot throughout the year with Bridget & Baxter.

Baxter is missing Bill again & watches to see if there's any movement outside.

At the grocery store, they had Armyliss bulbs on sale for $1.50 each but only the pink. I have never had pink, just red coloured ones in the past. I love the shade of pink in these bulbs!

The first paperwhite opened on New Years & they still are blooming & oh, so fragrant.
The dining room table houses the plants next to the bay window for light.
A pleasure to view as I eat there alone.

This is my winter project this year & I plan on having it done by the Napan Agricultural Fair time this summer. It is so old fashion looking & it also taught me a new crochet stitch called 'V-Stitch'.
I don't think I'll do the booties, just the dress & bonnet. I will see how much crochet thread is left.

It keeps my hands busy when I'm in front of the TV at night now that I've mastered the new stitch!
I spent hours redoing & counting the increased neck yoke, no TV & no talking, just counting.

The black & white plaster cat sits on the blanket & I moved the Boston pillow away from the busy bay window. It enhances the wicker set that I brought home from England years ago. I have a girlfriend Nicola that has a fantastic eye for great finds in the charity shops over there.

Look at this pink, yellow, & soft green in this bulb flower. It is an inspirational view of things to come in just five months it will be June & planting time again!

This bulb was planted at the same time but is taking its own time to bloom.
I used the glass hurricane lamps to help keep them upright as they grow & the light can still filter through to help with the growth.
My winter happy spot right now! The winter backdrop of winter just makes the colours more vibrant!

Almost done! Just the outside borders to sew on, rod sleeves upper & lower, & the binding & it is done! Ready for Christmas this year 2020. It is going to be quiet with all the kids away with their partner's family.
I'm OK with that as they are all back here in May & that makes my heart sing!

The Richardson plaque has been installed in the front foyer & compliments the Home coordinate.

And it is viewable from the 2nd storey mezzanine, perfect for our home!

I will be starting stain glass classes next week & I never finished this Christmas hanging, so close!
I will work on it now that I have students there & I've got an idea for February!

Years ago June gave me a plant for my cottage window boxes but I cannot let plants die when winter comes & I have had it for years & it now resides in the upper mezzanine & is climbing the wall for more space in the sun!

You can find Mr. Boots wherever the sun is, he is a great sun worshiper.

I'm almost finished with the Regata Rug, just the corner is left. I want to put the year there in Roman numerals MMXX & the maple left. I'll talk a photo of it finished, I've to fix the Roman numerals first.

I found this Stonehedge cheater print & thought it would make great pillow covers as we transition into the next season.

I will quilt it & add dark brown faux suede to it with the backing & piping. It's in my head still I'll show it in a later post when I bring it to life.

There was only 3/4yd left in this colour but it is perfect with the teal velvet drapes so this will be the summer/fall pillow change. What a difference a colour palette makes with the feel of designs!

The year 2020 has started & it is going to be a great year as we progress into it.

Wishing you a pleasant winter wherever you are, with health & happiness.
Thank you for stopping by for a visit to the northeast Atlantic corner of my world. I love living here & each season has its own beauty as it changes from one to another with the changing seasons with the east coast of Canada. Stay safe.

Cynthia



No comments:

Post a Comment