Friday, June 28, 2019

Surprise & Sunshine

This week has been one that started off with a great surprise from a girlfriend from London that I have not seen in seven years! Karen called to say she was in Moncton & would see me tomorrow for lunch! She is the best longarm quilter in the London area for custom quilting! I love her artistic quilting!
                                              Karen & I, happy to see each other!

             Karen's husband Jim, they'll be celebrating their 27th anniversary this month.

            They are enjoying their retirement years together & you can see it in their smiles!

                        Karen has finished the last of her needle turned hand sewn blocks!

This is just a sampling of the many colour palettes that were in her stack, each one is unique with no two alike! I forget how many blocks were completed in this project, too many to photograph & after layering a couple she wanted lunch! lol, beautiful work Karen!

 I'm still unpacking bins from the basement & found some silver that is so beautiful when it is polished.
 I stumbled upon this cleaner at Winners when I ran out of Silvo. Goddard's from England is great!

 See the bottom of the photo as I started cleaning & polishing it? Great product!

 I even polished the old cocktail shaker that I use to water the house plants. Goddard's polish is a to protector too. I hope this shine stays for quite a while, real silver is so elegant!

Kewpie Doll

                                     She is together & it was quite the job doing this doll.
                                     She has her wings that will be hidden under her clothes.

                         Cheeks elbows & knees have had blush colour on them now.

                                                         She is fully jointed in the arms & legs.

I'm pleased with the hair tuffs. I purchased a funky monkey at the Sallyann & cut the tip of his tail off & opened it up to transfer the tuff patterns on it. I looked online for faux fur, too expensive!
This worked out perfectly!

 Kewpie is dressed in her fancy nautical dress, she also has a blouse & jumper that I will make & I think that it will look better as the colour of this outfit looks too washed out with her fair skin colour.

                                         She has on her socks & I neede to make her shoes.

                                                                  She is a cutie patootie!

 The jointing was work with the plastic cotter pins but so worth the sitting/reaching pose!


                                                       Sneak peek of a baby quilt with a jungle theme.

 Summer Garden

 Hard to believe that all this was under the snow just a couple of months back! It is growing with a vengeance, can you see the cement boy statue among the iris?

 I'll be dividing them this fall & putting some at the new apartment to add colour there next summer.

 This has more blooms on it since this photo was taken & sitting on the front porch next to it has a heavenly smell.

 I love the texture & colour as the garden is thriving in the weather of rain & sunshine.

 
                   The peonies are next in the queue of blooming & are oh so fragrant too!

 Lupin seeds are going to be saved & transferred to the shore view, a maritime favourite for sure!

                                     So beautiful mimicking the shape of colourful gnome hats!

                                                           Love the colour & texture of these!

 The rhubarb is doing better since I removed three flower pods from the wee patch & the pom-pom loves its sunny area too.

                                   Lambs ear is so soft  I have to touch it every time I see it.

                           The French lilacs are done now but were so beautiful & fragrant.

 The gardens all around the yard each have their own surprises & if it wasn't for so many mosquitoes I'd be out mingling among them. Windy days are great as the mosquitoes are blown away, that's one of the privileges of the living next to the water.

It was a long winter but that is behind us now as the beauty of summer is all around us!

Thank you for stopping in for a visit & a look at the summer on the Atlantic northeast coast.

Have a safe & happy Canada Day weekend, wherever you are!

Wishing you the very best!
Cynthia




No comments:

Post a Comment