Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Easter Countdown in 4 -3- 2- 1!

I'm on the Easter countdown now, on Friday all seven will have landed from three different provinces to this one that is trying hard to lose the snow but not too fast to create flooding.

 The laundry room fills with sunshine when the sun is out & the Boston's love to sunbathe in the suns rays. Baxter looks outside to see if the snow has gone & this photo was several days ago & the porch floor is now in viewable & the snow is going down each day with the rain.

 Baxter finally joins Bridget in a morning sun snooze, the snow has defeated him too.

Rexton likes the warmth of the dryer after I've emptied it, I have to watch for her before using the dryer!

 You can see Bill's trailer peeking out like a pair of metal ears, it too is a bit more visible today.

An Easter Tour

 Flowers are still in bloom adding a splash of colour to the Easter decor.

Hyacinths are so fragrant to smell & lovely to look at! Spring for sure, even if it is just in the great room & white with snow outside!
 I saw this aviator rabbit & just had to have him. It made me think of my dad.

 This is a photo of my dad 'Skip' on his 'Skip Lift' out front of my family home, seeing the leaves on the ground it was probably a visit to say goodbye as he would drive himself to Florida in his wheelchair accessible van. His timing was always after the last maple leaf falling from the front yard tree, it meant it was time to go south.

 Rabbits are hopping all through the house & are one of my favourite animals at Easter!

 These rabbits once sat on the London On upon the plaster fireplace mantel, now take their place on the wall mantel that Bill & the boys installed from the old kitchen beam.

 The great room has been arranged to seat eight comfortably as I await everyone's arrival.


 A view from the great room's mezzanine.


 A view from the other mezzanine after the snowfall last week. Some has melted with the rain & warmer temps that we had. It always looks so pretty after a fresh snowfall, it's hard to believe this is spring after living so many springs in SW Ontario.

 The foyer rabbit is there to greet you, sitting on a rabbit & yo-yo table runner.

 These two characters will greet you on the landing of the foyer staircase.

I made this grapevine wreath many years ago & just add to it every year, this year's addition was the small wreath & eggs to the center. It hangs on my sewing room door in the foyer.

 Renee the Rabbit has many friends with her Bunnykins, Beatrice Potter figurines, Winter Wheat chicks, & many more treasures for the eyes to view!

 This Hallmark tree has been one of my Easter treasures from Bill. We use to purchase a new figurine each Easter from the Hallmark Store in London, lucky for me the tree is full!




 A pair of chippy rabbits on the bottom step of the foyer stairs.

 I made this Easter hanger from one of Bev's many beautiful patterns. I used the soft colours of Robyn Pandolph fabric & cobblestone backgrounds. That too is a piece that I would add to every year, not this year though... there's always next year!

 I cross stitched this piece back in 1990 & added pearls from my wedding dress to embellish it.

 A collection of stuffed Easter animals that were in the dogs' toy bag from the Sally Ann, all too sweet to be shredded & destuffed by the Boston's!
The Easter Tree in the sunporch.

 From my doorstop collection, perfect to hold the sunporch door open on these sunny days!

 The table is ready & just awaiting the family's arrival on Good Friday!

 The side table holds Easter surprises too! I love my rabbit, Sandy!! Thank you!

 Baxter & Bridget were tied to the porch the other day after I saw Baxter close to the shore. With the melting after the rain, smells fill the air & he is off exploring in areas I can't reach. So until their pen is more usable they're out here when I can't be with them to supervise them.

Sewing The Snow Away

 This is an Aunt Grace pattern by Judie Rotherine. I loved working with the 30's palette this winter doing the nine patch squares & having the 'snowball squares' was quite appropriate to be working on during the storm days we were having.


 I made it big enough for a queen bed for the guest room. This would never work in my bedroom as both the tuxedo cats sleep on my bed & those white snowballs would not last for long!

 See the boots on the bottom? Those were my inspiration for this jumper that I made.


 The big oops for me was that I forgot to shrink the size of the bib as I'm petite & when I wear it falls off my shoulders, darn I really liked it too.

Next time I'll remember to alter the pattern! Hindsight is a wonderful gift! lol

Well, that's all for this week.
I still have some more things to make & do before Easter.

Looking at the snow & awaiting the opportunity to have all the family together this weekend, I think this saying says it all!

"Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass but learning to dance in the rain!" 

Thank you for stopping by for a visit. I hope the Easter Bunny is good to you.
Easter Blessing To All

Cynthia


2 comments:

  1. Looks great Mom, see you in roughly 24 hrs xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luv your Easter decorations, and my Easter card - THANKS! Also gotta luv your Aunt Grace scrappy quilt - definitely my style :).
    Happy Easter - enjoy the crowd !

    ReplyDelete