Thursday, January 17, 2019

Boston's, It's Cold Outside!

This morning Bridget & Baxter were out for a brief run outside as I shovel the drift in front of the garage door. The windchill this morning is -30C & it sure felt like it!

 I knew I had to shovel the snow drift/wave when I saw the Boston disappear in the snow when he went running after the squirrels.

 We have two snow fences but a third one will be added for next winter!

 It is real winter wonderland around here these days & a huge storm is coming to us this Sunday & into Monday with 50-60cm of snow.

 The Boston's did not stay out long to watch me with a shovel.


 The garage door was open as I was warming up the car for a kickboxing class at 8:45am. Burrr


Dreaming Of Spring - 43 Days Till Spring!


 With Easter approaching & bunnies showing up in the Country Sampler magazine, I pulled out an old Beatrix Potter quilt kit that I've had for nearly ten years & started working on it this week.

 Sassy Squirrel Nutkin & owl. The creatures she wrote about & their behaviours you have to ask yourself if it was from people Beatrix Potter knew from her village.

 Benjamin Bunny & his radishes!

                                                                            Piggy Wiggy

 Flopsy, Mopsy, Cottontail, Peter Rabbit, & Momma Rabbit

 Jamia Duck, I crocheted one for the boys nursery as a doorstop.

 Thirty years ago I decorated the nursery in a Peter Rabbit theme. Rabbits have always made me smile & so has spring after a long harsh winter. I know 'This too will pass' but until then, I'm going to dream & think about the beauty that is coming.

I made the quilt bigger it was a 5 x 5 blocks, I added 10 more. I also had a piece of yellow with red radishes fabric & incorporated it into the border too.

Once it is quilted I'll display it with other Easter decorating in a few months, Easter is April 21st, Queen Elizabeth's birthday & Easter is quite late this year. I'm hoping for the snow to be gone but I've seen it stay till June!

I saw this 'Bunny Abuse' lol music box of Peter Rabbit being disciplined by his uncle when I was in England & brought it home with me. Mitchell received the Peter Rabbit music box from his Aunt Marg & Uncle Scott back in 1988 for his nursery. Beatrix Potter & Bunnykins harmonize well together & I've been collecting them since the1970's when I was first introduced to them.
Both of the inventor's of the many animal characters are female.  Beatrix Potter & Barbra Veron have different & incredible stories about their lives & bringing these characters to life has held my interest & made me smile inside & out!

I hope to show you more of what I've been up to as I've gone back to work.
I'm teaching two classes a week on the art of making stained glass the copper foil way.

The new apartment building is now full & that has taken much time to achieve. The tenants love their new home too!

I hope you're staying warm wherever you are & are doing & seeing things that make your heart sing too!

Wishing you health & happiness this 2019!
Cynthia

1 comment:

  1. I see you got a lot of snow too. Those Bostons are finding that walking through deep snow is cold on their bellies. We had freezing rain on top of the snow that formed a crust and we got more snow on top that drifted in the wind. It's been snowing again today.

    I love your Peter Rabbit quilt. It's beautiful. Beatrix Potter is a great favorite of mine although I never bought any of the pottery. I poured a lot of ceramics molds that looked like Peter Rabbit and the other characters for my customers a while back when I was into retail ceramic greenware business.

    It's nice that you're teaching something you love and that your apartments are now occupied. Good luck to you.
    Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. Keep safe and warm.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete