Monday, December 3, 2018

Father Christmas Is Finished!

This Father Christmas is from a 1996 doll making magazine & I've wanted to do it for some time now. I started it months back tracing out all the pattern pieces & embroidering the face. I still had to find the hair material & could not... so I cut apart a corded bellpull & it worked beautifully!
I just love it when everything just goes together & the vision becomes a reality!

 His unique beard is made of shell buttons that I have saved up over the years & have been put to use in this creation of Father Christmas.

 The hat & gown foundation is made from leftover drapes from the lounge our London ON home many years ago. Prior, I had made swags for the new boardroom for Richardson Access Elevator, back in 1996. So this fabric has a personal & professional history.

 The photo doesn't do him justice as you can bearly see the crocheted dolly under the gold cross-hatching. The beige pearls are from Mrs. Jackson & some of the paint has lifted but adds interest to this nostalgic Father Christmas. There's also white pearl beads sewn on left over from the embellishing of my wedding dress back in 1987.

This has been a labour of love & memories & a piece I will cherish this time every year.

He looks at home with the primitive Christmas tree & the Spode plate from one of our England visits.
I've never made a doll quite like this one & it was a lot of work but I'm so pleased with the outcome.

And digging through Christmas past I came upon an album of the boys 1st Christmas & I had Bill's 1st Christmas hanging in Namama's tree. How cute are these three?!!

Bill asleep with his Namama, Mitchell with Santa Claus, & Nicholas with Santa Claus, oh the memories of Christmas past & the makings of new Christmas' our the future!

The Black & White Furbabies 


 Baxter & Bridget are trying so hard to be good for Santa Paws, they're just not liking the cold winter.

 This is the 'new to them' chair for sleeping & playing, not allowed on our furniture anymore.

 Mr. Boots is still in control of the Boston's & proves it by laying on their blanket in front of the firebox.

 Rexton is still the free-spirited one stretches out in the great room enjoying the warmth from the firebox.
 She can often be found just relaxing on her back. The Boston's still chase her around & under the furniture. She loves the attention but I think she misses Boris for the cuddling.

 Rexton the Manx is mean to Mr. Boots & heaven help her if that cat ever turns on her. Boots outweighs Rexton by 10 pounds!

 Today was the Boston's photo shoot with their new Christmas scarves on.

 Baxter was patiently waiting for it to be over to get his promised treats of chicken & a sausage.

 Bridget did very well keeping her tongue in!

And then she started to ignore or she got bored of me.

 And then I had an idea... treats!
 
 Yes, I held treats above the camera, it was working!

 And then it was not...

 Bridget is much more food driven than Baxter & had her eyes on the prize!

 This was my best shot of these two!

 Many photos were taken & many more deleted! lol

 Baxter was bored & Bridget was beginning to look like Yoda again, so that was the end of that shoot.
I did get some cute shots though.

 Pussycat in the chair was getting bored with no attention too, you can see the expression in those ears! lol

 A quick pat & reassuring words & she happy again. Rexton has worn this old buffalo scarf for three days now. She is more like a dog than a cat, it's said that the Manx is like that though.

 I'm so glad I got these photos because afterwards, the Boston's started playing & the plaid tartan around her scarf was pulled off & is now a frayed edge!

 It sure is hard to get a good photo of these two!

Baxter finally just did a lay down on the mat & Bridgets mouth was beginning to open again with tongue soon to follow.

I've been doing Christmas sewing for the family & they read my blog so photos will appear after Christmas is over.
And Christmas will be over in 26 days!!!

I'm off to cut out some patterns to make clothes. I enjoy sewing for the kids even though they are into much larger sizes than yesteryears.

Yes, Donny, I think of those 'Von Tropp  Days' when we all wore the same fabric from the bolts of fabric that I would buy at a 'good price'. lol

Thank you for stopping in for a visit & I hope you're feeling the spirit of Christmas too!
It really is the most wonderful time of the year!

Cynthia

No comments:

Post a Comment