Sunday, December 16, 2018

12 Days Of Christmas, Christmas Stockings, & The Manx

I love the 12 Days of Christmas song & I have got the 1st Canadain issue of quilter's connection magazine & that is how long I've wanted to make this wall hanging! It was not as big of a project but I just needed the time to do it.

Every year since the 2009 purchase of this magazine, I would look at it read the instructions but somehow I never got around to actually making it.

 Inside the magazine was the hanger that I thought would be 'just perfect' for the project.


Then I thought... 'if not now, when?'
 So I began it, the snow on the top of the pear tree had to be embroidered, I used the Glad Press & Seal technique, I  was very surprised & pleased with the outcome & ease of using it.

 My sewing chair has a quilted mat added to the top because Rexton sits on the top of my chair when I sew & has done a nice job piercing holes with her nails. It has the 12 Days of Christmas fabric & that gave me another idea.

 This fabric is probably older than the magazine & I still love it!

 From that fabric collection, I fussy cut out the pockets to hold the partridge & the eleven pears.

 It is a Three French Hen day today & the other pairs are in the proper pockets awaiting to be buttoned on the tree.

 Here's a close up of the first three pockets. I love that the fabric has shades of metallic paint on it.

 And with that, I sewed on gold jumbo jingle bells to the bottom tongues! I also used a gold thread on the wings of the partridge.

Home for Christmas

On Friday Bill, Nick, & Leslie will be home for Christmas. This is Leslie's first Christmas with us so I found it fitting to make her a Christmas stocking for Christmas morning.


 I made the rail fence stocking last year but was a bit challenged doing it today, maybe it was too early in the morning & not enough coffee. lol, the stocking turned out great!

 I had this sweet gingerbread button & sewed it to the top.

 Then I added three gold bells with satin ribbon.

 I had made Donald a stocking a few years back & Stephanie really liked it so I made her one as well.

 Her smile makes my day! And I love how she has made the house I once lived in a beautiful home.

The birds are going to get a surprise on Christmas morning too! Bill & I found this perfect birdhouse for our feathered friends.


 Rexton The Manx

 The Bostons Christmas scarf was being shredded with their playfulness then taken off.
Rexton likes wearing scarves so I put Bridget's on her.

Then I tried to do a photo shoot on her...

 She's been hanging out with Bridget too long! lol

 Her eyes look like glass buttons.

 Not impressed with me...

 Really?!

 Thank you for that pose Rexton!

The Manx takes five years to mature & Rexton will be 5 in August. Her body sure has the length now & her girth is solid. She does act more like a dog than a cat & is my shadow through the night letting me know when 6am is near & she needs to have a Temptation fix.

Here's an older pic of Rexton with Boris Loree, she was much smaller in size, she was always a sweet cat. I hope Baxter & Bridget stop wrestling with her but I think she likes the attention.



I received this sign in my birthday parcel from my girlfriend Sandy. I have it in my sewing room & laugh every time I read it! 


The snowman from my old neighbour Jackie S. now has a new nose & I found a tree in the Christmas box that looks good with it too.
I just love snowmen this time of year!
He's in the front foyer to meet & greet everyone entering or leaving.


Years back Bill & I were in England & my girlfriend Janine R. took me to a miniature shop to purchase miniatures, which I did but I spied this Christmas fairy & brought her back to Canada with me. She is on the foyer table with the large St. Nicholas to greet you!

Thank you for stopping in for a visit to see a bit of Christmas on the east coast.
Stay safe & healthy through this holiday season. Enjoy your time with friends & family, this year is almost over!

Merry Christmas,
Cynthia


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for my stocking! I could hear it jingling when you filled it on Christmas Eve :)

    ReplyDelete