Sunday, June 19, 2016

Cornhill Road Trip - Loads of Pictures...Get a Drink!

The EBH Garden Club did a road trip to The Cornhill Nursery in Peticodia NB. Heather & I met Ross there. Ross was in his own mood of celebrating as it was officially his fist day of retirement, from the Post Office & there he sat chatting to the waitresses, enjoying some homemade carrot cake, in the onsite restaurant, when Heather & I arrived! lol
The three of us were the only ones that took that 2 1/2 hour trip - one way, to enjoy what I'm going to show you now. I just wish that you could take in a deep breath & smell the most wonderful air & smells of the day at Corn Hill Nursery.

Corn Hill Nursery Gardens

Something so unexpected...
On the way to pick Heather up in the next village, I  could not believe my eyes!!
There on the side of the road was a beautiful black bear that had met his death by a large vehicle, probably one of the many peat moss transports that travel this road. I was so sad about the death of this animal. I stopped the car & took a picture of just how gorgeous it was. The hair was thick & at the paws moved with the morning breeze, the coat was so thick & a shiny jet black.
RIP Mr. Bear.

Enough sadness... on with the rest of the day.

We had such a perfect day!

 Bob Osborne was giving a tour & explaining the trees, shrubs & flowers. We were too late arriving, to join in with the crowd that was there.

                            He is under a tree, that you can go inside & relax in the shade.

Here we go with the day of photos...

                     It was so beautiful up on the hilltop, overlooking lush greenery & farmland.


                              I loved the look of this feathery tree & the sky was so clear & blue!

                                                                   Lush texture & colour!!







 I'm a new gardener & don't know the name of a lot of the plants, trees, or shrubs. That was OK because I had Heather with me. She's a walking encyclopedia of everything that's coming from the ground!! lol She has taught me so much. Back to the picture...I loved the way this cover just 'flowed over' the rock underneath, see the rock on the right?

                                                          OK I know this one, Peony! lol


                                         Oh how I wish you could smell the day at Corn Hill!





                     This was one of the many featured bloomers, The Scarlet O'Hara red peony!



                          The weepers had Heather & Ross both excited every time they saw one.

 Every thing was so interesting for me. The colour the textures, the smells. Such a heavenly, inspiring, & stimulating visit.

 I want a large one of these, Heather gave me a baby one that is now a foot tall...all in good time. lol

                                                       A beautiful layering of hostas.





                                                     This is going to explode with colour!


    
                                                              Columbine, I have pink ones!


                                     White cosmos, I love it when I can identify a plant. lol


 The hostas are kept under control by a large log. I'll be trying that idea, we've loads of logs!







                                           Love the texture & colour of this coniferous tree!



                                              Pink & orange, side by side, in harmony.

 There was also a vineyard.




 OK, we're 1/2 way through our walking tour of Corn Hill. I'm not going to enlarge the rest of the pictures. So if you see something of interest, just enlarge it on your screen.









 Cool railing! This is a Korean lilac, forgot the name for the cutting it into this shape. lol








 Ross is at least 6ft tall, this will give you an idea of the scale of the mature trees.




 Apple trees that were admired by Heather.
She was hoping to purchase some cabbage seeds or seedlings.
 The top of the apple tree is cut to make it grow outward.


 I think I need one of these too!lol A Dogwood  Tree!















 The stone was just under $900.00 a  skid & that doesn't include delivery!



This is a sprinkler with wrought iron wrapped around it!

 This arbour top is so cool!! And I think it was my favourtite pick at Corn Hill!


                                                       The arbour has a seat built into it!
On the other side of the arbour was a branch railing.
                                                               Heather, Ross, & I, by my favourite arbour.







 Now we go inside the Cedar Cafe - it is two stories high, with an outdoor upstairs balcony.











 Details outside of Cedar Cafe.






 All in all it was a great day at Corn Hill!

Some Rug Hooking~~~

I wanted to work on some hooking  & thought this will do until I have all my supplies under one roof! I'm so scattered with this move & trying my best to stay organized.

8


It's going to have that Canadiana feel to it. I call it Mitchell's bunkie in the woods. ;-)

Canada of North America - Proud & Free
The Great White North!!

No news on the Hardwicke House this week but I have a feeling that next week's construction blog will have the house rising out of the ground. Fingers crossed!

Have a great week & enjoy this summers longest day & full moon tomorrow!
Summer is finally here!!

Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there!

My Dad died back in 2000 & I miss everyday. Don't take for granted what you have.
And have a great Dad day!





No comments:

Post a Comment