Monday, February 28, 2011

Tea & Scones Table-Topper

This was made from a pattern called Sweet Sixteen. Maybe this winter has been too long... as it came together the vision of tea & scones on summer day, came to mind. Either way, I loved the summer fabrics, so soft, light & airy, I could feel the colour & had to smile because I know I'll see this day of summer,  sipping tea & scones. The pinwheels remind me of my childhood, holding the pinwheel running to make it whirl in...yes summer breezes! Today not being a runner or jogger for that matter, I may just put that pinwheel in a planter outside to watch & reminisce of days gone by. Funny how such a simple act of a pinwheel spinning could bring such joy to oneself! 

1 comment:

  1. tea & scones sounds like Jean & Gill...

    ReplyDelete