Wednesday, March 13, 2024

March Was A Lion

 Our March came in with such gusting winds that it came in 'Like a lion' so hopefully it will go out like a gentle lamb.

The snow has returned as well as rain and freezing rain, our firebox is going daily to keep the damp chill out of the air. The days are longer with the clocks springing forward and spring is in the air.

Our squirrels gather in pairs and will have their babies here for spring. Donald is enjoying having a feeder to watch their antics too.

These little red squirrels are becoming scarce with the arrival of the bully large grey squirrels that have invaded our province. Luck for us our woods only have these wee creatures.

This couple of squirrels have now occupied the old cat feral house from the Eel River cottage.
Bill renovated it for a birdhouse & squirrels chewed the opening larger to accommodate their coming and going.
Spring is in the air!

I've finished the queen-sized quilt called Grandma's Scrap Basket & it just needs to have the backing to arrive from Connecting Threads to go to the longarm.
It was one of the most difficult quilts I have done...I had sewn the top/bottom on the sides!! Sew much unsewing to be done & with fingers crossed I hoped that it would all work out and it did!

With the blue flowers dancing around the border, I added the William Morris blue on the blue border and the nine patches are all reproduction 1800 fabrics. The corners lined up!! 

I can't wait to see it quilted! Rose does such a lovely job on her longarm when quilting!!

March is so much this month!
It is the changing of our clocks springing ahead, St. Patrick's Day, the first day of spring, and this year it also is Easter!!
The house is St Patty's Day/Easter this year.

I made ornaments in the colour of Ireland's flag and decorated the white wool tree.

The felt circles were the OOM(ornament of the month) with Heirlooms in the Attic. I will make red/cream/green ones for the green wool tree, I was pleased with how they came out for the St Paddy's Day tree.

It was all done with Dollar Store felt and only one piece of 9"x12" strips cut in 1/4" rolled & glued then threaded together with 12w pearl cotton with pony beads between the rolls.

This month leaves me melodically as I think about my grandparents, whom I spent so much time with growing up and into my 30s.

My grandfather was from Birmingham England and my grandmother's family came from Ireland, she loved the colour green and St Patrick's Day.

And that love of St Patty's Day has been passed down to me as I made outfits for the geese a few years ago. They're on the front porch to greet everyone who visits!

The Giant Tiger has been our go-to store with inflation prices so high and these bulb flowers were there for $2.49ea. It makes your heart sing to see such beautiful colours from Mother Nature.


See the spring colours of Easter? And you can smell it too! 

Thank you for stopping in for a visit and I hope you too are starting to feel the spring in the air. It is a season of change and one of my favourite seasons!

Hugs,
Cynthia xXx 










No comments:

Post a Comment