Thursday, March 9, 2023

March Is Still Roaring!

Old man winter has been making his presence known this week, producing many high snowdrifts.

It's an odd feeling of seeing all winter white again as you sit down in the dining area.

The white snow wall is back!

Sitting down this is now the view...

I'm hoping for March to go out like a lamb with lots of warm sunshine to melt these huge piles down.

This weekend we will spring ahead with our clocks & the days are getting longer, the season of spring is creeping in!
And the deck that has disappeared will reappear with the patio set waiting to be put in place.

It was a mild great winter so I have patience awaiting spring as I'm closed in with this winter wonderland. It gives me many 'sew days'.

The green has come out for St Patrick's Day, it was my grandma Haynes's favourite time of the year as her dad was from Tullyboy Ireland.

Grandpa was from Birmingham England & came here at the age of nine with his family. It was God's gift that the family was too late to board the ship & had to take the next one...the ship that set sail without the Haynes family was the Titanic.
 I was so blessed to have these two in my life, grandma was a firecracker so full of love & life. I have blue eyes & so does she, that was important to me as my dad had brown eyes & my mom had green eyes. One day looking into her eyes I said 'Grandma you have blue eyes like me' she replied 'That you do duck, that you do'.
St Pat's Day always makes me think of grandma & fills my heart with loving memories of this grandparent that was an important part of my early life.

The blue basket quilt continues & rails & nine patches are now done, with only four more baskets to be made & a few more blocks this will be done. Each Monday morning has instructions for the next blocks to be done. I'm enjoying the project this winter!

Well, I need to get ready for another chiro session to get my hip back in place. I threw my back out shovelling heavy snow & twisted the wrong way. Followed by a bout of COVID so for three weeks I did not have a good time. 

Now it is time to align the spine again & get that hip in place, I went last week & this is another appointment.

 Being 65 years old with a weathered body is not easy some days but time to get the spring in my step before spring arrives!

Thank you for stopping in to see the snow I shared & hopefully warmer days are ahead!

Stay safe & healthy.

Hugs,

Cynthia


No comments:

Post a Comment