Saturday, October 8, 2022

Happy Thanksgiving Day xXx

 Wow, we are into The second week of October already!

Happy Thanksgiving Day weekend to everyone, I hope you have a wonderful time with family & friends.

Bill has been helping me decorate the house as all three sons and family are here for Thanksgiving. I'll give you a tour of our home as we await the plane this morning.

This stuffed turkey has graced our Thanksgiving Day since the 2000s & Nicholas, in grade four,  was doing wood burning at school, he made this for our Thanksgiving Day decorating. I like the two homemade decor pieces together. 
Then I found this VIP panel print at Woolco/Walmarts now & had it quilted up by Beth in London ON.

Tommy Turkey is a heavy fellow & sits proudly every year. 

Wishing everyone that views him, A Happy Thanksgiving Day!

I had fun making this little vignette of the Hallmark Thanksgiving Day mice that were gifted to us from Bill's sister Margaret & B-I-L Scott, so many years back. I used an empty glass coffee jar & a sticker that says ' Wish' & filled it with wishbones. So many wishes to come with the snapping of them!

These little figurines stand about 1" tall! I stuck them down with a sticky tack putty to stay in place for Thanksgiving.

A new look in the great room with these custom blinds. We can now control the sun setting as we watch the large screen TV.

The front porch has been made inviting but the weather will be chilly for the next few days.

The Mystery quilt from Fat Quarter Shop gives the porch a shot of colour!

I got the Blackbird design of Edgar Allan Poe's The Raven finished. I love working with Briggs & Little 100% wool when hooking a plan. I dated it with Roman Numerals. I think it is really unique this year having every letter doubled this year! MMXXII = 2022
                         
It finished about 21" x21" & will complement the quilt once I get into doing it this winter.

This was last winter's project with The Fabric Cupboard's Mystery quilt. It now hangs replacing Vintage Tin on the landing.

I like the shot of colour it is going to give this winter!

An area in the dining room. All Blue Willow & blue dishes have returned to the china cabinet & the Friendly Village dishes are out awaiting the family's return.

From the coffee bar, you can see through the garden doors to the sun porch. The sun porch is now in its last season & will soon be too cold to be out there.

These fellows have been moved to the great room beam & our traditional paper Happy Thanksgiving has been hung!
Here is our traditional paper banner!

I really like it on the old kitchen beam that has been into a wall mantel.
I hung a wall quilt that I made several years back when I was dealing with my mother's dementia & mini-strokes. To me, it was like she was playing with the fairies...

So this whimsical quilt of leaf fairies really calmed me inside as she was changing & then institutionalized. This quilt makes me really think of her living years whilst she played with the fairies.

The great room with patio doors to the sun porch.

The other side of the great room is ready for the full house that will soon be here.

The sun porch with the sun pouring in. Bill cleaned the windows as salt water spray from Fiona was coating them making it hard to see out!

Rexton loves having her naps in the sun on the sun porch. Bridget & Baxter love it too as their black fur holds the last of the warm season's sun.

Another spot to sit down on the sun porch.

This was the table before we got it ready for the kids' arrival this afternoon.

I'm happy that the dining room is long enough to accommodate the two-leaf extensions!

The table is ready for sandwiches later today & the turkey feast tomorrow.

The front foyer is ready for them to come through the door & spend time with us.

The foyer mezzanine stairs have the new wall hanging & some summer plants to give life to the landing.
The Modernational Bear Paw quilt is seen at eye level on the mezzanine.

The large window over the foyer shows the autumn colours in our neighbourhood. The quilt is not in any sunlight so it is in a good spot to stay safe from the sun fading the colours.

A view from the upper glass mezzanine, so sunny with the morning sun coming through.

Soon the family will open that door and our Thanksgiving festivities will begin!

Thank you for stopping in for a Thanksgiving Day decor visit. It is elaborate as we don't have the kids for Christmas & I want warm memories to go home with them. And I hope it gave you a warm feeling coming into the house too!

Happy Thanksgiving Day everyone - wherever you are! Wishing you health & happiness!!

Cynthia xXx









1 comment:

  1. Wow! What can I say? You certainly didn't spared the decorations. You put me to shame. I only have the minimal decorations and it isn't even up for Thanksgiving yet.
    Fall colors are all through your home.

    I really like that bear quilt as the colors are so pleasing to me
    I can only imagine the many, many hours you spent creating all those hangings and sewed pieces through out your beautiful home. Yes, you put me to shame.lol...

    Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. Take care.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete