Thursday, June 2, 2022

June! The Gnomes Are Home!

 Wow, it is June already & Bill has put out the gnome home!

I have missed looking out the dining room bay window & not seeing it there, happy days because now it is! And we have added to it with a window & window box!

The gnomes are home, the cast iron ones are out right now as it is so windy that the resin ones would not be standing for long.
Everything in our backyard needs to be nailed down, with cement or heavy cast iron to stay in place. lol

Bill made a window frame & header around the stained glass window & added a flower box for me to fill with daisies, ivy, & carnations. I added the resin ladybugs on the leaf to add some whimsy.

Bill routered the back of the window to hug the tree, I just love how it turned out!

We'll gather more stones to complete the walkway on one of our beach walks.

The cedar wood was destined to go to the dump or be burned, so glad I convinced Bill of its value to save. This box comprises memories of girlfriends of mine who have passed, daisies for Liz, ivy for Edie, & the recycled wood for Cecile. I know they would love this whimsical gnome window!
 
The back of the house is coming to life after being buried in snowdrifts this winter. The lamb's ear just loves this climate & I had so much trouble growing it in SW Ontario, it thrives here!

This tote bag has finally come to life! It was a pullover shirt of mine that had seen better days but I just loved the screen print on the front & knew it would make a great canvas bag. 
The cat was my beloved Egnaro that passed away in the mid-90s. But living on in memory in my heart & this screen print!
Now that idea has been with me for over 15+ yrs, I had cut the front, back, & sleeves to make the bag & it was on my 'round-to-it' list. lol
I was tired of moving it for fear of losing the pieces, so I made it in one morning!
Why do I procrastinate so much?!


I used leftover quilt backing for the interior lining & added pockets for easy finding of keys & glasses.
Bill cut me a 5" x 15" thin board for me to cover to add strength & stability to this canvas tote.

On a town visit to Park Place in Newcastle with Leslie, I found tea towels in the Wrendale pattern of Hanah Dale & knew they would make great pillow covers!
I did not have enough fabric in the tea towel so I added the ever-popular check fabric to it!

A zipper opening makes it easy to take off & for laundry if needed.

I wanted the two pillows to look different so the check is in the back & the whole rabbit, which is the same motif as our placemats, is in the front.

A different look from the back, I love the shade of blue used in these pillows.
The shade is like Laura Ashley's shade of Duck Egg Blue.
I was pleased to see my &12.99 tea towels transformed into pillows!

Shabby Fabrics had this free pattern on their website & it was so easy to make & quilt.
I have wild strawberries growing outside the great room window & this pattern was too familiar to me.
I had a stip of black background strawberry fabric leftover from the strawberry quilt I made & used scraps to complete it.

The backing was done in this pretty pansy print & the black gingham worked for both sides of the runner.

The appliqued strawberries were done in both wool & Bonnie Sullivan flannel.

I was pleased with how well the green houndstooth flannel was to handle & it looks like wool! 

This trio of black & white is enjoying the late morning warm sun in the foyer.

You can see the window silhouette that they are laying in. lol The sun is so warming these days.

Thank you for stopping by for a visit. I hope to post more as I know that summer is so fast here & I'd like to see it again, if only in my photos.

It is like living at a vacation spot here in the summer, fall, winter, & spring. Each season reveals its own beauty & wonderment that Mother Nature has to offer us.

For now, on June 21st it will be summer! And all the snow drifts & white tundra are gone.

Live one day at a time and make it a masterpiece.

Enjoy your day!
Cynthia xXx

2 comments:

  1. You sure make the most of what you have. I like the idea of recycling the sentimental cat print from a pullover. There is no end to your sewing creativity.
    Your gnomes look happy in their new home. The stain glass window is a good advertisement for your stain glass classes.

    I've been mostly on my knees weeding and mulching. There's no end to it.

    Enjoy the beautiful Month of June. The year is already half gone. How can that be?
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow the back yard is looking amazing Mom xo

    ReplyDelete