Thursday, June 24, 2021

Summer Has Begun!

 The summer is now upon us & it is glorious next to the water in the summertime!

This was the last spring sunset, it is now summertime & summer sunsets will begin.


June has filled the air with the sweet smells from the lilacs that have come & gone and now the peonies are in full bloom with the roses. The garden smells heavenly as you walk through its path.

The roses are going to be so plentiful when the buds open into beautiful smelling roes.

The peonies are in full bloom and a beautiful hit to the senses of smell & what a sight of colour!

I picked a dozen of the buds that felt like 'soft marshmallows' & put the stems in a baggie & wrapped the peonies in the paper. I watched English Fine Living & she tried that too to have them to enjoy next month after these ones are done. So my wrapped peonies will stay in the cool basement until next month & then I'll put them in water to watch them bloom. I hope it works out, I'll let you know. ;)


Come walk through the Anniversary Garden with me.

The wild pink roses are blooming.

A beautiful feast of colour & smell & the sounds of bees buzzing as you walk by.

The lamb's ear is getting ready to bloom next week maybe. I love the velvety feel of this plant!

The new rock garden is doing well & the iris are in bloom!

This is the inside of the potting shed. The solar panels are working & I now have electricity to work the vacuum, the fan, the water fountain, & the light when I will need it this fall.
My girlfriend Deb gifted me the beautiful sunflower picture for the seating area, I just love puttering around in this room now! I'm still organizing & planting, this will be the song that never ends in my summer happy place.

This is the other side of the room in the potting shed. The counter is full of things that need organizing & it is really coming together!

The fountain is running off the solar panel day & night. When the sunroom windows are open you can hear the running water, so soothing to hear.

I hung the bunting flags on the potting shed & house, I still have more to make that were cut last year but never sewn. Time to finish this year & get those hung too!

The laneway view from the Anniversary Garden.

The stone garden wall that Bill made for this garden, it's looking really nice.

The lupins are finishing their blooming & the seed pods will dry & spread again!

The bees are loving these plants too!

The roses are full of buzzing from the bees too!

There is a bee inside this rose!

This is going to be a 'buzz' of bee activity until the fall, the roses just keep blooming until frost stops them.

The black hollyhocks are plentiful in the butterfly/bee area in the Anniversary Garden.

Hollyhocks are biannual flowers which means they bloom every two years. Nick & Leslie brought us these from Ontario for our anniversary two years ago, it is a blooming year this year & they will be arriving in August to see the blooms!

The Anniversary Garden is so full even with all the thinning of the plants, it is so lush & blooming right now!

The limelight hydrangeas are filling out nicely & the two that were transplanted are doing well too.

I have got the bunting flags to finish for the front porch before the London On kids will arrive on Saturday! 

Here is my summer happy place. 

I've been looking for a place to put the sweet peas that we started from seed, they seem to like it on the front porch but they need to climb higher somewhere else.

The marigolds that we started from seed look great in the copper pots!

They too will need to transplant to grow even bigger!

For now, I'm enjoying them in these copper pots!


I got my 2nd shot this morning. The 1st was a Pfizer the 2nd was Moderna, they are saying it will give a better coverage with the mix. My arm hurts this time, last time it did not nor did I have any side effects... we'll see if I have any with the Moderna shot, I'm hoping not! In two weeks I will have my full immunity to this horrid virus.

The pine trees are so full of cones this year!

I will have a look at Cindy Day's book of Grandma Says to see what it means.

This is a pizza that I tried out on this KETO diet that I'm on right now. The crust is made with grating cauliflower & mixing eggs & cheese together. It has become Bill's favourite pizza!

The only sewing that I've done has been getting the quilt together to finish the borders.

The whole border is to be hand-stitched & there are so many buttonhole stitch pieces to put on & stitch!

I like the batik on the background with the wool.

Now all the wool pieces are added & need to be buttonhole stitched & so many to be stitched~!!

I did all the stem stitching first then the wool applique placement. Once I have the buttonhole stitched applique done, I'll be sewing red glass beads for the berries & more stitchwork for the interior of petals.

Thank you for stopping by for a visit, I hope you enjoyed the garden as much as the bees & butterflies have. They will be back & I hope you will too!

Enjoy summer as we begin a great summer season!

Cynthia








1 comment:

  1. Wow!!! I've never seen a potting shed that looks more like a house than a potting shed. Mine is a real disaster right now.

    Your flowers and quilts are all very lovely. Your stitching is perfection. I'm glad the kids will be coming for a visit. I'm sure they will have a lot to look at when they get there. You are never idle with your hands and creativity.

    I have seemed to have lost interest in creating and beautifying but thank goodness, I never lost interest in flowers. I seem to be working outdoors all day until my back is aching.

    Take care and enjoy your kids visit.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete