Thursday, April 8, 2021

April Feels Like Spring!


It is really starting to feel like spring with all the melting this week!

This is the last of the snow in the backyard.


The water is not the beautiful blue water yet & the puddles are huge in the backyard but it will help bring the water tables up for any drought that these large evergreens will be experiencing this summer.


The water in the Miramichi Bay is now wide open!

Bill's birthday present arrived today & he loves it! A tractor with a heated/airconditioned cab! Happy Birthday, Sweetheart! 



Bill is out in the tractor moving the gardening boxes around for the grass to grow in that area.


He's enjoying having the forklifts on the front of the tractor to lift & move the heavy boxes to their new site.


We have been picking pussy willows on laneway walks, I love bringing the outdoors in!


The signs of spring are in large vases that I have filled.


The Grandfather clock was the perfect place for these branches!


We had such a hard time finding marigolds last spring at the garden centers that we seeded & started some ourselves. The sweet pea & pansies are slower, I hope they take root...


The last of the snow on the east side of the house.



Bill is hoping it stays until April 28th, he has a bet with the three sons on when all the snow will be gone! I've seen it last until June 5th one year!


I found this piece of Laura Ashley poppy fabric from a bed skirt/curtains that I had modified then gifted to a girlfriend years ago. I always loved this pattern & thought that Luna Lapin would love a new fancy dress.


I made Ralph Reynard the red fox this week, he is one of Luna's many friends.


Ralph's velvet green breeches sparked the idea for Luna's dress bodice, they do make a handsome couple.


Ralphs coat was made from Bill's old blazer from 1990, I washed & dried it to felt it for my wool projects & it was perfect for this wee blazer!


I lined the jacket with the William Morris fabric that his cravat is made from. He is so handsome in his green outfit!


I love how Sara Peel the creator of these woodland creatures, has made all their outfits interchangeable, I would love to see this outfit on Billy the Badger!


Oh, what to do on those rainy days...

Bill dumped their tug for them to see what was at the bottom of their toy tug!


Oh my, the old friends they found!


And the noise that came with the hunt for that perfect chew toy as Baxter dug through!

Spring is putting an extra smile on everyone that gets excited about the earth wanting to erupt with the goodness of spring buds & bulbs. I'll have my camera ready to share with you those joys here on the northeast coastline.

Thank you for stopping by for a visit! I'll show you the colourful granny square afghan that is nearly ready for the 169 blocks to be auditioned & the rug hooked scrappy cat mat is coming along nicely too!

Stay safe & wear your mask!

Cynthia

Does this not make you smile?!


PS Baby Joey the Boston Terrier is doing very well & is enjoying being outside in the fresh air. Check out his Instagram @lifewithjoeytheboston. Joey is so precious!





 What a difference a week makes! We had snow on Easter Sunday & now lots of April showers with warm sunny days making those days feel so spring-like. 


3 comments:

  1. Dad looks at happy with his new tractor. Pretty soon you'll be getting ready to be in the gardens. Xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dad looks at happy with his new tractor. Pretty soon you'll be getting ready to be in the gardens. Xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. You must have had a lot of snow to still have some in places. It's been such a hot day today. I'm sure that it melted a lot of your snow. We had June bugs already and we are only April 9th. We've never had them so early. Luck man to get a tractor for his birthday. I'm sure he'll get a lot of work done with it in any season.

    I hope your back is ready for gardening. I've started some seeds that need a long time to grow.

    I see that you love to play dressing dolls or Mr Fox. lol. It must keep you busy around the clock.

    Enjoy the new gardening season.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete