Wednesday, March 3, 2021

So Much Snow - Time To 'enjoy the good life' - Ginger Snaps - Granny Squares

 There's so much snow today! The winds have made the snow drifts so high & so solid to move.

I have always noticed that the most snow falls the last 2 wks of Feb & the first 2 wks of March, yes Mother Nature did not disappoint me this morning & even threw in a few surprises!!

This was sunset last night, you can see the warm glow of the sun setting.

Walking to the kitchen for my morning coffee I saw the snowdrifts had made their way to the front door.

Oh my, this is a new kind of drift on the front porch, rather mountain-like!

You can see how the snowdrifts will leave areas bare & pile high in other places. The laneway was piled high & took Bill many shoves with the plough to break through to the road.

The view through the dining bay window was so high I couldn't see over that huge wave of a drift!

I was happy to see that the winds had died down & that would stop the snowdrifts. It had gotten into the 60-70km moving the snow to newer heights.

My sewing room has been cozied in with a north-winded drift.


The exercise room has a huge drift too. The funny thing is when you look at the house edge, there's hardly any snow, just that huge snowdrift wave in front!

This is looking out the garage window at the dogs' fenced area, the snow has covered the fence by a few feet higher! Oh, the drifting!!!

This is the view to the laneway when you open the garage door!!

Bill pushing the snow to clear the laneway. I have a hair appointment & a chiro maintenance appointment this afternoon.

So much snow, where do you put it?!

This was Mother Natures' surprise this morning & a first for us! The winds came through so fierce that it brought the snow into one of the sunporch windows!!

Bill had to shovel from the inside now, it was on the floor, MDF window ledge(hope there is no damage) & the window. The Louis XV couch was spared, it was such a sight to see this morning!

I had taken this picture out of storage to place on the side table in the kitchen. I was talking to Dave,  from London ON & he told me had seen his first robin in his backyard! I love robins & they are plentiful here in the spring/summer/fall. They are my bird of hope, you made it through the winter when you see your first robin! I won't be seeing mine for a while!

The Armysillis has bloomed a beautiful pink bloom!

And it is a double bloomer too! I love the spring-like colour of the flower & the yellow stigma too!


How spring-like is this bulb flower?!! I'm hoping the other one will bloom for Easter.

Bridget has a new Irish green sweater!

I had to tuck the front under as her torso was small for the length.

The back length was good.

Bill went grocery shopping on Saturday morning & brought me home some spring bulb plants! He was careful to find ones that were not in bloom so I could watch them open & now they have!
The smell from the hyacinths is heavenly! It is spring-like indoors & just a taste of what is to come when spring does arrive.

I like to have a little something with my afternoon teatime & I tried out this simple recipe from the Fannie Farmer Cookbook. They are delicious if you like the flavour of molasses & ginger such a warm taste on winter days.

With simple pantry ingredients, this recipe comes together quickly. I used parchment paper on the cookie sheets which I use again & again for recipes with cookies/biscuits, they just slide right off & no messy sticking!

Yes, the warmth of working wool in your hands & listening to the winds howling outside!

I'm moving along with the Granny Square Afghan & boy did I miss judge the number of squares needed! This is about 1/4 of the amount needed. I ordered a large Red Heart Jumbo ball of yarn & could not believe how much yarn has increased over the years, especially the colour black! I'm so glad that is the only colour I needed to purchase for this afghan.

The cushion for Joey's grandma was much loved! Joey has his own Instagram #Life with Joey the Boston. He was born without sight & is thriving in his adopted home with so much hands-on love & affection.

I've had this pattern since 2004 I have modified this square quilt pattern to go vertically, to fit into the gold 3'X 5'ft frame. The blocks & words are the same, it is just designed differently to fit another area, my frame!

I found this free PDF pattern download on the internet & I enjoy watching the Disney series of The Mandalorian & wanted to try this pattern. It is 30 pgs long & thought it was going to be a challenge but it was so much easier than Bernie Sanders! I thought I was going to run out of yarn but had a bit leftover that will now go into the Granny Square project!
 
So cute! This little figure reminds me of Bridget Loree the Boston Terrier!

With Covid lockdowns here in New Brunswick it gives you time to pause & take a breath & enjoy what you do have. It has made for a simpler time for me with some baking, sewing, crocheting, & spending time with my husband of 35 yrs. Life is enjoyable if you are with the right person.

Wanting what you have rather than having what you want.

It is such a sunny day today, it makes your heart sing!
Stay safe & wear your mask, wherever you are.

Wishing you health & happiness this week. Smile under your mask, it makes your eyes smile!
Cynthia










No comments:

Post a Comment