Monday, December 14, 2020

Turned the Corner!

 With Christmas fast approaching, I was outside two weeks ago hanging the bird feeder & that's when it happened! The sciatica nightmare was to begin, two weeks of sheer pain through my lower back then down my leg & through my lower leg. I have not experienced pain like that since a horrid near head-on collision in my  1969  VW in 1976. Younger then I healed faster, my God sent was having my husband staying home with me for a week to make meals, bring ice packs, roll me on & off heat pads. I could not straighten up for days!

The medical system is moving at a snail's pace too which is not good, I called my Nurse Practioner as I have not had a doctor in years & the NP was working well until COVID hit. I called to see if I could get a muscle relaxer as all my over the counter meds were not touching pain or inflammation. I called on for a prescription muscle relaxer or antiinflammatory anything that could give me some relief, I wanted to steer clear of painkillers as we all know how that works out. To my dismay that Wednesday, the next phone appointment was on Monday, OMG 5 more days of this. After much research Bill helped & encouraged me through more icing, heat & yoga stretches. I do the child's pose, cat/cow, the sphinx to relieve pressure on my back when it starts to tighten with pain & today I'll start the treadmill very slowly.

Enough of my pity party, here's something that will put a smile on your face!

Luna & her brother Alfie Lapin, wearing their Christmas PJ's!

I made a pocket on his top to carry his carrots, I also use thick variegate embroidery thread to make a pillow for the chair.

I loved how it turned out. I was looking for a small scale pattern that would work for both & cut up Bill's Christmas boxers from many years ago that I don't even think he wore! lol
The elastic top of the boxers is now Bridget & Baxter's Christmas collars! What a fun upcycle project!

I asked Bill if he could make me a small table to go with the two ladder chairs that the rabbits sit on & he came up with this fantastic idea!
The smallest nesting table had a broken leg, so he cut the legs down to the chair scale & Voila!


The handwoven dishcloth that matched the teatowel set that my girlfriend made, is so to scale & Christmasy on the set table. As my dear departed English friend Harry would have said 'How civilized to have a dressed table". We use to have tea after he was done with his bridge game, in the summer I would surprise him with an outside patio table all dressed in linens. Some friends just leave footprints on your heart. 

I've always enjoyed Barbra Veron's Bunnykins, & Beatrice Potter's animals, the creator of Luna Lupin & Friends comes from the Lake District in England & I can see so many similarities as she brings these animals to life.

I'm enjoying creating the scenes to put them in, I know Bill is too because he has already started a poster bed for Luna to rest her head-on.

Baxter photographs so well & I was surprised with a gift from Nick & Leslie of personalized Baxter stamps, the one he is wearing his Santa Paws hat!

This is Boris Loree at 10yrs old,  his last year with us. Baxter so reminds us of him & is just a gentle & caring as Boris was.


I'm glad that I chose to have the two Boston's, each is so different in their personalities & make my heart sing with their companionship.

They adore Bill when he's home. He's trying to help me capture a good Christmas shot with them but all they want to do is please him with a shake my paw! 
They were born on Dec 19th, 2016 & have turned out to be wonderful companions for Bill & me.  

As well as being an unusual year with COVID, the weather has us breaking records for being so warm. This is our first snowfall & it's odd seeing the water open where the snow stops. It will not last as rain is now in the forecast. Very unusual indeed, the good thing with the rain is you don't have to shovel it!!

A positive thing that is finally happening here is Elon Musk's Starlink server. It has so much more to offer, we usually get 4mpds with Bell Aliant & when Starlink first plugged in for a signal it was over 150, now averaging more with 174 happening now. I'm so glad that the monopoly on us rural people is going to be over as more & more people are working from home & students are receiving class instruction online.

Wishing everyone that has stopped by for a visit a wonderful healthy week, stay safe.

One of my favourite sayings "This too will pass." Christmas is just 11 days away, stay healthy wear your mask! 

Cynthia







2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear that you have been in pain with sciatica.
    Wishing you a speedy recovery.

    Wow, it's hard to believe that the dogs are already 4 years old. Where has the time gone?

    I'm sure your bunnies are enjoying their tea party. I think you are having fun...
    Stay safe and well.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete