Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Spring Where Are You?

A week of April has come & gone & the spring days were felt on one occasion. Bill & I got so excited about the feel of that sunny day. The wicker bistro table & chairs were brought out of storage & we had a coffee on the porch enjoying the end of the day. Then the cold winds came & we will have to wait until another warm sunny day displays itself so we can once again enjoy our time on the porch. Snow is coming in again at the end of this week. :(

 I worked on the Missouri Star - Irish Change Pattern in the restroom. It is a queen-size quilt & I needed a large area to spread out, I had help with Mr. Boots as he rearranged blocks for me. lol

 I now have all the blocks together with just the 2 1/2" sashing & a 6" border to add to it.

 I somehow messed up with these blocks & will make something else with them in the future.

 All the blocks have been embroidered. I used the backstitch on the worded blocks & the stem stitch on the floral blocks. I was pleased with the look of the blocks on black fabric...

 So each block was outlined with a black/grey check border, it still needed another solid small border to finish the blocks off.

 I really like the look of the blocks in black. I'm now thinking of border fabric to finish it off.

 Here's a close up of the black borders put together, I really like the outcome. ;)

 Every day this is what I have to deal with, Rexton the Manx, she owns the ironing board & my sewing chair & I'm always moving her when she's in the way.

 She's loving my new wool felted ironing mat that stays warm with my ironing or just her body heat!

 I think she wishes I got the larger one for her! This is the 14" x 14" pad, she's one big kitty!

 Beautiful words of love.

I picked up my 2018 Kathleen Tracy Mystery Quilt & worked another round on it. So many UFO's to keep me busy.

 I gave new life to Mr. Rabbit by adding stuffing to his head(and a plastic dowel) & torso.

 I also finished his Easter vest. He looks so dapper now!

 In my dressing room, I had so many hair accessories that they were always falling off the lingerie dresser. I made a fabric container from black/white jellyroll strips & now everything looks neat & tidy!
 I had this on a large black anchor button that was perfect for the front of this fabric basket.

 I know where to find my hair accessories & the Boston's went crazy over my grey rabbit pom-pom's, so glad they are out of sight from them! lol

 The laundry room geraniums are filling out beautifully & some are starting to bloom!

 More laundry room geraniums, it's such a joy to see how they are coming to life with spring, even if it is inside the house with the snow-covered landscape outside.

 Bill moved the cement geese outside & I'm glad that they are dressed as it snowed overnight last week. It was just a dusting of snow that they call 'Shelia's Brush' out here on the east coast.
 I'm trying to make it look like spring...
 It certainly looks wintery though.

 The front door has a lot of colours, come on spring!


 Bridget got a new fleece-lined onesie & loves it. Baxter is so much harder than her.

 Her onesie has been washed & dried & shrunk a bit, fitting her better.

 Here's Bridget styling her onesie!

 I've been spending so much time in my sewing room that I organized my pincushion collection into the primitive dough bowl behind my sewing machine.
The whole collection makes me smile with the memories of those that made them!

 Farmhouse Threads has started the BOW with different designers & I was hooked on the first one!
Thank you Bev for sending it my way!
This is the first time I've used the Stretch & Seal embroidery technique, I was amazed at the results!

 I also added another cat to the scene, one with no tail! lol.

I also needle felted smoke coming out of the chimney as we have our firebox going nearly every day.


 This was Bridget this morning, she was chilling in her onesie. lol

 The snowdrift is coming down but still higher than the deck railing!


 I've been making COVID-19 makes with Batik fabrics & Pellon, making them three layers of security & still breathable. Several were delivered to my non-sewing friends for their protection when they venture out into the community.

I also added a doubled pipe cleaner zigzagged in to shape the nose bridge for a better fit.

Tomorrow, I will make more for the community. We have been so very lucky to have only 2 cases of COVID-19 in our zone. I stay home & Bill does the groceries.
It sure is a different life these days but our location makes it easy physically & mentally.

Thanks for stopping in & I hope that you too are staying the 'Blazes' in & are social distancing when you are out. This is a very unsettling time & we are all part of this history.

Please stay safe.
Wishing you health & happiness!
Cynthia

1 comment:

  1. I'm looking forward to a visit whenever it's safe to come out there. Sending hugs to you both and pets to the furbabies. <3

    ReplyDelete