Sunday, December 1, 2019

Countdown to Christmas Begins

December has arrived!
The countdown to Christmas is just 3 weeks away until the kids start arriving.
The house is starting to look a lot like Christmas!

 This Ginch trio is one of my favourite Christmas stories that I use to watch with the kids when they were little, it just warms your heart.

 Mr. Boots & Rexton love the foyer's Santa Christmas mat on the slate flooring, especially when the morning sun is shining through!

 The rustic Christmas Gnomes are outside of my sewing room, greeting me as I come & go form that room several times a day. lol

 The handmade tree (with a few store-bought) is located at the base of the stairs in the front foyer.

 Many years ago Elenor, a neighbour friend, saw this & thought of me with my 'litter of kids'. lol
It still makes me laugh when I read it.

 The 12 days of Christmas stitchery is over next week & I'm still on day 10... most become focused to finish all 12 days this year!

 A surprise Christmas gift from Jocelyne to add to the 'nature' Christmas ornaments, it looks great in the kitchen on the brick wall!
Thank you, my friend!

 The Christmas tree in the dining room is decorated in red/white/ & black!
This is the tree with no lights on...

 Here's the tree with the lights on!
We've had this tree for 15 or more years & when the lights are off some of the 'bottle brush' branches have turned yellow but most have remained white. When the lights are on you can't distinguish any discolouration. It really warms that corner of the dining area.

 I had some black velour scraps & made a couple little black bears climb through the white Christmas tree. By using buttons to hold the legs on, you can move them into different positions.

 Black & white houndstooth stars were added to enhance the black/white theme in the tree.

 The other black bear in the tree. I'm thinking of making a larger one for the table & have it wearing a red/white miniature quilt on his back. Time is ticking...

 The stars were easy to make!

I made fancy bows to put throughout the tree too! Practicing for the Alberta wedding decorating! lol

 The resin cat has a real look to it & is looking at the white Christmas tree.

 Many years ago Nicola, my England friend, took me to a charity shop & we found this wicker set that looks like a Llyod Loom set. I shipped it back to Canada to enjoy year-round. It also has a bench that is located in the bay window right now. Oh, the finds we would find shopping in the charity shops!

 The snowman I made looks great on top of the curio cabinet & the black/white sugar dish from Open Door Antiques in Chatham NB adds to the winter belly scene on the snowman.

The floating Christmas star candle will be lit when the kids arrive in a few weeks. The sounds & smells of Christmas are coming...

 The great room Christmas tree is done up in purples & turquoise, silver & gold.
Here it is with the lights off...

 And with the lights on! This is the best Christmas tree I've ever had, thanks to Jocelyne's truck to pick it up & her SIL Paul's strength to bring it in! It really suits this room!

I carried over the black/white under this elegant tree & have our puzzle ready for this Christmas. The puzzle is all wee Victorian Christmas stamps, hours of fun ahead!

 The Christmas crocheted blanket is nearly finished with just some more borders to go around it.

I'm really pleased with how well the colours blend with the flannel PJ fabric, somethings just have a way of working out! Yes, the purple & teal did grow on me! lol

 The garland with the mini lights on, they're battery operated & I'm auditioning them to use at the Alberta wedding this fall. Soft but elegant, I'm really liking that they are cordless too!

 The kids Christmas PJ's are nearly done, just two more & mine to do!

Lois, my grandpuppy, will be away in Alberta but I made her a black velour nightshirt to wear when the Alberts kids go back. There's a pocket on her sleeve to hold nighttime treats. lol

The guest room is really ready for the holiday season. I ordered the table coverings & it came with four napkins with I made a quilted pillow cover to add to the bed.

 I was auditioning the 40 yr old shutters that were in the cottage's front window in the guest room.
I love them in there, it really makes the room feel cozy & enhances all the antiques in the room.

 The brick wall is also in the guestroom creating a cozy real. I added this grapevine wreath around the brass porthole mirror for Christmas.

 Outside the guestroom in the hall is an 1880 bonnet chest that has a table runner that my girlfriend Lynn made me for Christmas one year & when Karen, owner of Quiltleigh the longarm quilt shop, was here this summer, she remembered quilting it! Two very talented women, one beautiful Christmas gift that I cherish!

 The great room mezzanine displays Christmas quilts that I've made through the years.

 Love this boat silhouette that appears early every sunny morning & disappears by mid-morning. How nautical is that living next to the shore?!

I can't believe at how much our Boston terrier Bridget looks like the baby Yoda.
Same head shape & eyes!
This is a dog toy with a couple of squeakers in it that drives them wild!

Well, that's about it for now.
Must go to the sewing room & put on Mrs. Claus's hat! lol

Thank you for stopping by for a Christmas sneak peek visit!
I hope you too have the holiday spirit that makes this one of the 'Most Wonderful Time of the Year'!

Wishing you health & happiness.
Cynthia





















































No comments:

Post a Comment