Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Getting Around To It...Looking Forward

 
Halloween is fast approaching & I made these 'mason jar lid' jack-o-lanterns from the rusty lids.
I painted the lids black with the Fusion paint I purchased from Candle In The Window Primitives & just love this paint product! It is a made in Canada product from Etobicoke ON.
The pumpkin faces were hand-stitched as they are no very big.

 I was gifted charm squares from my girlfriend Elizabeth & just loved the fabric collection but never had a pattern that spoke to me to use it until now!

 Susie's Scraps blog from Australia did a hobo bag that was done with 5" squares & I'm so pleased with the outcome!

 The inside has two big 10" x 10" pockets & I lined the inside with a light Laura Ashley plaid fabric.

 The shoulder strap is long enough for using as an across the body bag, freeing the use of both hands.

Each charm square is quilted giving the bag a soft puffy look & will be comfortable next to the body.

I had put aside the Christmasy coloured blocks to make a Christmas shopping bag in the hobo style too! Four of the squares will have applique on them. I'll show in the next post.
Check Susie's site out for really good free scrappy patterns & tutorials  susies-scraps.com  you will find the Japanese Knot Bag there too!

 Mr. Snowman is done with just the Christmas tree to do & embellish.

The fourth block to The Little Red Hen's mystery BOW is now done, it was the one with the most work so far.

 I get the pattern in place & to transferring any other positioning in place, I use parchment paper which works well when the heat fusing as parchment can take the heat!
I cut slits through the paper for the mouth lines & just push a micro pen through to show dots for buttons or eyes. So easy to use if it is in with your kitchen supplies! I use it in the kitchen to line pans & baking sheets as I don't like cleaning messy pans/sheets from the oven.

With a few pins & painters tape to hold the parchment paper in place, you can lift & adjust as needed.

 Love this trick with the Sharpie permanent markers. I used the red one to cover over the white threads on the candy cane striped areas.

Here you can see two areas that I had no coloured in to should you how well it covers the thread!
 I dug my snakeskin cowboy boots out of storage to see what shape they were in & if I could still wear them comfortably.
They needed a good drink of Huberd's shoe oil & what a difference that made to these 1990 boots!

I will blacken the soles & polish them with oil again & they will be as good as new!
Back in the day, I enjoyed these boots so much that they were reheeled from the shoe cobbler from wear & tear of enjoying the use of them. Now I will wear them as part of my outfit as mother-of-the-groom next year at Nicole & Mitchell's wedding in Alberta.

And I have my pattern for the dress I will be making for that special day. The boots will be perfect!

We are having rain & wind today & the lovely fall colours are all on the ground now.
Soon we will be turning our clocks back to gain just a bit more daylight in the evening, it's dark at 6:30pm now making my bedtime earlier as I tire sooner in the dark.

Thank you for stopping by for a visit, come back again to see what I've been up to & I'll add the furbabies in too!

Take care, stay warm.
Cynthia








1 comment:

  1. Hi Cynthia, thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment.
    You are the craftiest person I know.
    All your runners are lovely and so perfectly stitched. That dress is really a knockout and I'm sure it will look great with your boots. Those boots sure lasted long.

    Yesterday someone was telling me that this time last year, it was snowing.
    I haven't cleaned out my flowerbeds this fall, expecting another flood in the spring and I want to try to hold on to my garden soil otherwise it would have all been cleaned out by now. I hope the snow holds off for another month at least.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete