Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Waverley's Christening Dress




Waverley's silk christening dress is now completely finished.  The scalloped hem line was a full 5 hours of sewing on 495 pearl beads! I wanted the design of her christening gown to be similar to the bottom of the silk wedding gown worn by her mother in 1997. Another heirloom for that little girl to treasure years from now. The bodice is lined & the sleeves lined with tulle & lining, giving it good body, when cinched in with the silk ribbon ties. The skirt has twice the fullness in tulle & is also lined for comfort from the tulle. The back has shell heart shaped buttons, I broke two trying to pull them off the card. I hope the baby won't be too slippery with the silk, tulle, & lining. I know she will be beautiful! Last summer I shopped on line for a white sweater from April Cornell's website & found little girl leather Roobez's at Kingsmill Department Store this holiday season.

No comments:

Post a Comment