Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Preserving Myself In The Snow!

We have snow again but for a brief time at Easter, the weather was beautiful!
All the kids were home for Easter & it was a great time had by all...

 Everyday that it was to rain, I could here the woodpecker. It was knocking the insects out of the rotting trees, at the edge of the woods.

                                        You can see that that was one hungry woodpecker!

 Baxter is growing up so fast! He loves being outside when everyone else is out, such a pack dog!


 This is where I displayed all things spring & Easter. After the arrival of the family it was filled with Easter Lindt goodies, I'm going to have to workout twice as hard at exercise class!

The stuffed Bostons were placed in a basket with a miniature butterfly quilt & Easter eggs.

 The real Bostons are having to put up with me dressing them in clothes. Baxter doesn't mind it at all!
I don't have anything small enough for Bridget yet.

 I tried to tighten up the shirt & cut into the back... when it should have been the front! Oops, I'm glad the shirt was .50 cents!

 My plant that was a gift, several years ago from my girlfriend Sandy, has finally bloomed!

 It had these flowers on it when I received it & had never flowered again, till now! It is beautiful!

 So nice to see green, even if it is in the house, with the snow piles still around outside.

                                                    The pink geranium is blooming too!


                                                 I started decorating the outside with spring!

 I found these in the potting shed as I used the wee boots a couple years back. Just need to see spring!

 Poor Lucy is looking her age & will need to be painted this summer. She will have company as the cement goose from London ON will be joining her. I think I'll make clothes for a male & female this time. They have never been together as the London goose came from Florida, when we sold our property there.
 New hope for outdoor flowers! I made this back in 1990, when I was doing counted cross stitch. I don't know how I found the time, with four kids at home & a full time job?!!

 The weekend was one of fun! The clean up of fallen & cut limbs to be shredded in the wood chipper or burnt in the wood pile in the opening in the woods.

                                                         Boys & their their toys!


                The snow was melting in the sun & a boardwalk was made to go into the woods.
Later that afternoon, Nicholas & I would step too far over the stream from the pond & fall into the water. Not a nice feeling to sink quickly into very cold water but a good laugh for both of us!
Thank you Bill for pulling me out! My hero! LOL

 Mitchell, Donald, & Nicholas, my three sons! Never a dull minute when these three are together.
There was lots of laughter & memories were relived & laughed about, all weekend long.
                                                  I look forward to seeing them this Christmas too!

 I can't believe how small I am next to them. They are still my boys, in my mind, such grown men now. Where does the time go?!

 I was so happy to have Nicole with us too, she was so helpful with keeping the dishes caught up & helped with the many meals of feeding this bunch.

 She also helped so much with taking the puppies out for walks & they too enjoyed having her with us. She will be back home this Christmas & once again, our family will be complete! XO

 Bill & I were so happy having our family together, it was a very Happy Easter!

 The flowers bloomed on time, not for Christmas but for Easter. How beautiful are these $3 bulbs!!

 The Coop had Easter lilies for $5 & they were fragrant too, lovely blooms & more to come!

                               I looked out the window yesterday to see these Canadian geese!

                                           I changed my lens & started taking these photos.

I thought of my Kansas friends & how they curse these birds because of the messes they make.

                         They were making sounds & flapping their wings, I was entertained!

                                                                              A dance?!

                                                               They settled & then....

                                They were leaving. The surprises that you see here in the backyard!

Oh I wish the snow would stop here, it's like living in a real snow-globe that gets shook !
More snow this week too. Oh my,  were is spring?

The lawn furniture was placed on the front porch this weekend. The weather was gorgeous & the pups took in the afternoon sun too. We had ice cream cones on the porch too! It really was a perfect weekend...  till the snow of Monday morning.

 Donny sent this photo of the road on Renous area. It was tricky with the weather & the truck was hauling the trailer back to London. Bill, Donny, & Nick made it home, in 16 hours. The 401 was under construction & made for a longer trip. Everyone is safely home now & the house is so quite.

I had a great Easter, a fast 72 hours with the family but like I told them, 'I'll take what I can get.".
I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter too!

With the weather in north east New Brunswick this spring, it sure has been The Serenity Prayer for me. I have to except things I cannot change... these snowy days but I do have the wisdom to know the difference... this too will pass.
I use to arrive in May or June & soon, I know that these days will be a memory.
Till then I have so much sewing to get caught up on.
The next post will show the progress on Oh Canada Eh! quilt. Nearing the finish line!!

Have a wonderful week, wherever you are!

Cynthia



4 comments:

  1. Hi Cynthia, It nice seeing your happy Easter family photos. I had a houseful here with family and friends and can you believe, I was so busy enjoying the moment that I totally forgot to take pictures even though I had left my camera on my desk just so i wouldn't forget.

    We have no snow but the river is rising and there is a bit of water over the lane this morning and keeping our fingers crossed.

    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Skvělý příspěvek se spoustou užitečných informací. Užil jsem si čtení. Jsme přední platforma nabízející vyvoj webovych stranek, online marketingová

    ReplyDelete