Saturday, September 17, 2016

I Want To Be A Cat!

With so much going on these days, when I look at the cats...I want to trade places with them. They seem so content living inside the small cottage as they view the outside world, from the screen door.
 Old Tom, going into his 18th year, love a good box to sleep in, with newspaper or magazines to lay on. And to think some people buy special beds for their cats! He's always been so content & simple.

 Rexton on the other hand...is a living imp, she has taken over Mr. Boots' cat stool & flips around in it daily as I work in the kitchen. The good think is she's not under foot being stepped on! lol

 How could you not love a sweet kitty like her? She has finally stopped biting me & just licks now.

Hardwicke House Renovation/Addition

I stopped in this Saturday morning to find Jeff, the kitchen guy, working on the IKEA cabinet assembly. He said the first one was a challenge, then he was on to how the assembly was done.

                                               Jeff was doing the assembly in the garage.

                         Yes the garage...it's a holding area for many things & MORE to come!

 The kitchen flooring is on the left & Jeff is looking for the cabinets all stacked on the right.
In all fairness the fridge, stove, microwave, dishwasher, & 3 large pendent lights are also there.
But remember Bill & Nick did deliver, 190 IKEA boxes! lol

These are the kitchen cabinets, I know that because they are white & the island is grey. ;-) Wrong! The doors are grey & in interior is white, so I'm not sure what is what! lol
See the stack of wood trim behind them? This week the doors & trim are being installed as well as the priming paint on all the walls.
I met with Leopold, the painter & I have till Tuesday to pick all the colours. The one thing I'm sure of is all trim will be Benjamin Moore, Cloud White & all the doors will be HC - 166 kendell charcoal.
Decisions, decisions...

 The slate flooring has been found!! It will take three weeks to get it up from the USA.
I'm leaning on this colour for the stairs, not light, not dark, but warm & rich in its hue.
.
 The foyer & halls will be the soft gray colour called Smoke & Mirrors. I want a light neutral colours with all the black slate areas.

A Kitchen Surprise! :-(


 This is the kitchen floor & Martin, the tile guy, was explaining how it has to be done in thirds, when its staggered. I was thinking half staggered, so he was giving me a visual...when I looked at the floor in horror. "Martin, that's not the floor I chose!" He said, 'Yes, that is the one you ordered.'

 And as you can see, the sample from which I ordered is much lighter it colour. It's because it is standing vertically!!! As you lay it with the other tiles, it too takes on that dark tone!!
Yes a surprise to me indeed! With the black slate floor just outside the kitchen, it may look lighter than it does right now. And the grout will be dark on both floors, I've hindsight with that detail!

It is a large room to have such dark tiling but with the island, appliances, & cupboards installed, it will look different again. The only light comes from the bay window & side garden doors.


 This is the foyer, leaving the kitchen, with the surprise tiles...everything for a reason, we'll see. :-)
It will have slate tiles, on a diagonal, going down the hall. All doors will be grey & the trim is white. This is the area that I want the Smoke& Mirrors colour.



 This is the foyer, looking out the powder room door. The elevator is to the right, with the two pieces of wood, to keep anyone from walking off & into the 'pit'. The buckets are in the closet, & you can see the stairs going to the second storey.
The second story will have a tempered glass railing & stainless supports.

 This is the view as you walk in from the entry from the garage. The upper mezzanine will have the glass railing as well. To the left is the kitchen, with the surprise tiles, then ahead is my sewing studio.

Down The Hall...


 My sewing studio is right next to the kitchen & off the foyer area, prime location for me!

 The exercise room, with Bill's office, at the end of the room,  off to the right. Ocean blue water today, it is quite the view from this room too!

                                          The master bedroom, another gorgeous view today!

Off the bedroom is my dressing room & bathroom as seen here. Around the corner is Bill's bathroom & the laundry room. I'll show more when things start coming together.



 I just love these garage doors & the side lights really help with lighting the inside.

 It's a beautiful day here on the northern east coast, look at that sky & the sun warms the day.
I have lawns to mow later this afternoon, so I'll be taking it in with a smile. Julia, you were right, I do enjoy the mowing of the lawns now. My kind of outdoor activity. lol

 Let's Go Upstairs For A Peek!


 This is the large window you see from the outside. The Restoration Hardware chandelier should be arriving this week. The drywall has covered the electrical outlet, not to worry, Francis is going into the attic to cut  it out! lol
The elevator is to the left, with the contractors signature - two board not fall into the pit. lol
The glass railing will wrap around the opening, right to the old part of the house. A glass garden door will be installed at the end. The large opening on the right is the stained glass studio & it too will have double glass doors, opening to the studio.

 The stained glass studio, more than I could have imaged! The center pole is a four way work station, with electrical outlets all around it! Thank you Adam, the electrician, worked his magic with an idea I had & made it a reality.

 The guest room, with the antique 1880 bonnet chest, covered in plastic. It will stay in this room for linen & guest storage.

 The view in the guest room...Nicole & Mitchell, I can't wait till your here this Thanksgiving.
This room awaits you! XO

With the weather being so beautiful today, I took my 1996 Mustang Cobra for a drive to the Hardwicke House for these photos, then Picked up my girlfriend Heather & drove to Escuminac Wharf & took in a yard sale on the way back.


It's a loud car & has a lot of horse power.
Heather commented on the noise from the engine. lol

 It was breezy at the wharf as rain is in the forecast for tomorrow, but we enjoyed our tour.

    I hope you enjoyed your visit here on the east coast today.
Thank you for stopping by & have a great weekend!
 Cynthia 

No comments:

Post a Comment