Autumn has officially arrived, with mornings and evenings cooler; it's sweater weather!
This is my favourite season, the one I was introduced to 69 years ago when I was born, wearing sweaters, bonnets, and booties lovingly made by family and friends. Such a cozy, fresh season.
This sweet little squirrel was a birthday gift from my girlfriend Sandy, who knows me so well! I just love this little red squirrel character!I've finished the Art East quilt called Night Flutter - A Moth Quilt Pattern, featuring Tim Holtz fabric.
My finished quilt measuring 70x70, I want to use a minky on the back so that is the task at hand finding such a backing. I've had luck at Winners purchasing throw/blankets in the past and the colour is that of Autumn that I'm looking for, luck should be on my side. lolThis quilt was a long-anticipated quilt kit that was a prepaid with a fat quarter bundle of Tim Holtz fabric last March. Five months later, I received it in late August! I was feeling like a Pay-Day Loan Company putting out several hundred dollars quickly taken, and then the wait...
Only to procrastinate over cutting 712 pieces of the quilt before I could start sewing.
For me, this is when the nightmare quilt continued!
The picture on the left is the one I made, the one on the right held all the 'colourway' of that quilt.I'm visual and cut the background out with the wing instruction and the wing instruction in the background!!
Oh my goodness what a horrid mistake that was and the I had to re-cut all those pieces again to make the proper changes. I cut over a thousand pieces at that point! It wasn't until the middle of making this quilt that everything made sense to me.
I was getting somewhere and proudly showed Leslie (DIL to be 2028!) my work, when she asked if I noticed the skull's nose was upside down?! OMG I looked at the photo again and yes, it was upside down! Thank heavens Leslie noticed it before it was quilted!
I do like how this quilt turned out, so glad this quilt is in the review mirror now!
I celebrated my 69th birthday this month with Bill, Nicholas, and Leslie, with many well wishes from friends and family.
The Dairy Queen ice-cream log is one of my favourites! And I wore my birthday shirt, the one I wear every birthday since I turned 40 years old.Thank you for a wonderful roast chicken meal with this yummy birthday dessert!And Bill & I this month on my 69th birthday, where does the time go? I want it to slow down but each day moves so fast! And now with the days moving closer to the winter solstice in 88 days!I couldn't help but make an Autumn bow for the office door at the apartment!
I loved the Fall Barns Quilts from Tara Reed designs 2022, I'll hang it on the office door this afternoon!It's such a joy to be outside in this weather and Bill's been busy outside.
He finished framing and hanging the stained glass rooster I made this year.
We were going for an English style hanging sign, I think he nailed it, right down to the chain at the bottom, securing it from the harsh winds off the water!Here it is from the other side!
The Chicken Chalet is getting ready for its third winter with the hens.Nicholas gifted his father these bronze pieces to put into his handy woodwork, he always finds the most unique personalized gifts, thank you Nicholas! Beaver Moon is what we call our property as it was a November full moon when it became ours in 2012.
The wooden logo, which Bill has designed was cut & painted by him. I find it suiting to name this property from the time of possession of stewardship for it. So much has changed in the soon to be 14 years of living here.
Bill has already laid out the foundation in the east side yard for a 13' x 20' greenhouse in the spring of 2027. The harsh winds & salt water spray is hard on a garden, the growing season in 4b is short too.
Here's the area that has been prepared for the spring installation of the greenhouse.The greenhouse will be a welcomed addition to the property! It's in the open spot next to the generator's propane tanks, next to Namama's cupola tree.
The little raised bed garden has given us zucchini and cherry tomatoes, the beans did well at the beginning of the season then died out. The cucumber were zucchini plants! We like them just the same. lol Hopefully I can start early in the greenhouse and have a head start next year.I have found I am a sewer not a sower, so much to learn in this half of my life!
Missy Crow has on her vegetable pinafore! lolBaxter took my vest & has his head in the armhole, taking in the warm morning sun this September morning! Baxter & Bridget will be turning 10 years old in a few months. Where does the time go?!!
Thank you for stopping by for a visit to Beaver Moon. I do hope you return again as I bring out fall decor, Thanksgiving, and Halloween decor to share with you!
Wishing you health and happiness until then!
Hugs,
Cynthia xXx




















No comments:
Post a Comment