Monday, April 24, 2023

Spring Has Sprung!

 The weather is warming up & the snow is disappearing, just the large drifts are left to melt now!

I'm still battling this cough & have kept to myself at home, poor Bill is having rough nights with my continuous coughing.

I have no fever with this viral infection, with time making me a little better each day.

I've been walking the 800-foot laneway & was delighted to see all the pussy willows in the bud stage!

I made my first pussy willow wreath!

The wreath is glued together with the hot glue gun, and each pussy willow branch is glued ontoa grapevine wreath that I had made several years ago.


Pussy willows are the first bud of spring, soon we will be seeing the bulbs emerging from the ground.


The limelight hydrangea bushes are now uncovered from the snow & soon will have spring buds & will have life once more!


It was a large wreath as the base grapevine wreath was large, I like it on the porch were I sit on sunny days & work on sewing projects by hand.


The porch is colourful & has the look of what is to come, so much colour will start happening soon!


I put lilac-coloured woollies on the geese, and the dog sweater had wings added inside the cuffs.


It looks like this is Lucy the Goose's sweater & is no longer Baxter's dog sweater that never fit him.

Bill has been busy making bat boxes for the return of the bats this spring.


He even made wooden black bats for their home.


He put them on the back of his shop, the shop has a pond behind it & which will be an excellent food source with all the mosquitoes that come from that area.


Hopefully, they will make this area their new home.


It has several chambers in it to house many bats at a time.

Sewing Time...
 

I've been working on the Blue Basket borders, and this is what has been done so far. I'm working on the sapphire blue circles now then the fussy cut centers for the flowers will be worked on next.

Thank you for stopping by for a virtual visit. I am getting better each day but this cough is so annoying, I know it is viral & will need time to do its course & I'm not in my 30s anymore for that fast bounce back. lol Visiting me here keeps everyone safe & I get fresh air every day outside.

Spring has sprung! That puts an extra beat in everyone's step!

Stay safe & healthy as we enter into a new season!

Hugs,

Cynthia

1 comment:

  1. I like your pussy willow wreath. We used to have some growing in the lane but they must have succumbed to some kind of disease.
    Your place is looking springy. Good luck with the bat battle with the mosquitos. I hope it works for you. We usually get a lot of mosquitos here too.

    The water has receded and the grass is greening up. It's looking like spring here too with all the birds returning.

    Happy Spring.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete