Friday, September 30, 2022

September Ends Beautifully

 This month has been a whirlwind of activities both with the weather & our events outside the province of New Brunswick.

I have not left the province since our son Mitchell's wedding to Nicole two years ago & now have been both in PEI & Quebec this month! And Fiona was devastating the Atlantic coast also this month when we were in Montreal for the weekend visiting Aunt Alice. Nick & Leslie were at the house to look after the furbabies & witness their first hurricane.

But now with the end of the month here, all is well in our corner of the world. The weather has turned into a cooler fall morning & evening giving way to warm afternoons.

These are photos that my girlfriend Deb took yesterday when we were doing a walkabout.

The garden is still in flower & looking good and so is that lovely asphalt painting that Bill did!

Blue skies & blue water, what a lovely fall day!

The neighbour's horses were also enjoying the sunny afternoon yesterday.

This is halfway up the laneway and the autumn colours are in full view. Fiona really pushed the season ahead & I don't think that the colours will be with us for Thanksgiving this year.

The woods are even displaying the colours of fall. We took the path into the woods to see all the downed trees from the hurricane, there's going to be a lot of firewood this year!

This was two weeks ago & all the flowers stayed upright during the stormy winds & have started to change to the pink/burgundy colour now.

I was having quite the morning last week with the fur babies! Rexton took to digging in my large potted plants!
What a mess to clean up!

I had given Bridget a bouncy ball, that would also float in water, to play with & she chewed it to pieces in her bed. This is all that was left! I remember thinking it is not even 10:30am & so much destruction had taken place. I need a coffee!!

The new cabinet has made its way into my sewing room & I love it there!

Bill is going to install custom cross-hatched bronze metal in the bottom doors. That way the fabric/quilts can breathe. Deb did a wonderful job giving the whole unit an orange polish drink & Windex on the glass doors & center shelves. Thank you!
 

Rexton is doing a lot of window-watching with the birds outside these days. She was making me nervous as I emptied cupboards of all the Bunnykins & Peter Rabbit china dishes to be washed for the new cupboard.


I need to install some kind of hanging for the mugs, I was going to use cup hooks but that is not going to work. I have got an idea & will show it later. Here are the mugs & porridge bowls.

More bowls, plates & money balls.

More Barbra Veron pieces & figurines that I've been gifted & collected over many years.

I do hope everything fits in!!

I also wanted the Beatrix Potter pieces in the cabinet too... many years of collecting with fond England trip memories.


I made this clear plastic holder for my rug hooking items help keep me organized on the road trip to Montreal last weekend.

I played with the font letters & numbers to write KYROTIME 2022. The capital looks like the T I really had to adjust to that with seeing the two together!!

Years ago my son Mitchell was working in Alaska & stopped into a quilt shop & purchased some batik fat quarters for me of ravens. I was going to quilt & make it into a pillow cover but loved this idea more and used it in the rug hooking carry bag.

I used my Game of Thrones - Winter is Coming key chain as a zipper pull.

I will be making more of these clear zippered bags for other projects!

I had a linen rug hooking piece 22'' x 22" & sewed black batik binding to it & drew on a pattern from Blackbird designs from Edgar Allan Poe's poem of the raven. I hooked going to Montreal & coming home & got a lot of it hooked! 

Aunt Alice was happy to see us & we enjoyed the day together.
She was not able to travel this Thanksgiving so we went to her & will zoom meet with her on Thanksgiving when everyone is here!
We were happy to see that she was doing well but the fall covid has started again & she had stress thinking about travelling to us.

She was happy to have us with her for that special weekend trip. Nick put us up at the Intercontinental Hotel, very elaborate & we had a couple of fun days too!

Our day went very fast with Aunt Alice.

And it was time to go back home to New Brunswick with our happy memories. But one more visit to the hairdresser shop next door to see Toni!
I met Toni, Alice's hairdresser, over 20 yrs ago & she stayed up to date with me via Aunt Alice & my blog!
She was so happy to see me again!!

And to see Bill again too! Then it was off for a farewell to Alice & a road trip back home.
It was another wonderful weekend away.

I've also started a new quilt project by Lori Holt called Prarie Meadow & have 5 blocks out of the 12 completed.

Each block will be 16'' x 16" when finished. I used the buttonhole stitch around them matching the colour the best I could.







I am really enjoying working with Lori Holt's designs & fabrics right now. It is so out of my primitive muted colour ways...

Each week is a new block design to sew together.

Thank you for stopping in & I hope you come back again to see the progress of the china cabinet with the vintage Bunnykins & the new block designs!

Have a wonderful weekend wherever you are!

Cynthia xXx






1 comment:

  1. Hi Cynthia, thanks for your lovely comment on my blog. Yes I've been busy and nothing has changed but I can only work outside in the afternoon after it warms up. I just can't take the cold.

    What a lovely visit with your aunt. I think have some of her feature. I can see a bit of a resemblance to you. Maybe it's the eyes and the smile. She looks like she's really happy for the visit.

    So sorry about the salt damage on the lawn. At least, it's not structural damage. Some people are still without electricity in N.S.

    I see you've been very busy yourself. Your blocks are very beautiful but like you, I'm used to more primitive muted colors.

    I wonder what got into Rexton all of a sudden to dig into your potted plants. Maybe the weather is changing too fast for him and he's restless. I hope he settles down. lol...

    I've been cleaning my large daylily bed and it's taking me for ever.

    Wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete