Friday, September 2, 2022

September, Beautiful September!

 This is my favourite month of the year, it really is the most wonderful time of the year!

Routines begin as the summer is ending on the 21st to ring in the glorious fall with all of Mother Natures' palette painted into the scenery with a beautiful display of coloured leaves each year!

This month I will be turning 65 years old, where did the time go!! I will never be this young again with each day being a grain of sand in my hourglass now more than 1/2 empty.

But enough of that pondering, I'm alive & doing the best that I can!

My sewing area has been cleaned & I've made a pumpkin quilt from Lori Holt's latest book called Scrappiness is Happiness. I'm enjoying her YouTube tutorials on making blocks from your stash.
I cleaned this area off & organized it on the kitchen counter.

The pile was a desk protector, look at that shine! lol

This is the top of my sewing area now on the counter, it was good that Bill went to Brampton ON to move the Nicholas & Leslie home. I stayed focused & keep organizing it into three grocery bags with like things together in those bags! 

And this is it all done! Again fabric is a protector & polisher, look at that shine!! lol

I was ready for the three comings home last Thursday & what a good trip they had moving in the two car overstuffed vehicles & a truck & a trailer.

This was the second trailer load headed for New Brunswick! I think they have all their creature comforts with them. xXx

This was their living room on the 27th floor in downtown Brampton on George Street.
It did have a half-moon-shaped balcony that they would share with a pair of falcons.
 

It was quite the production to even get into the apartment with the underground parking, then the elevators (which usually always had one down for repair), then the halls & finally you are inside the apartment with a very high view of the downtown district in Brampton ON.


One week later & here I am at their new home on their beautiful huge porch near the downtown district of Chatham in the Miramichi!
We purchased fish & chips from KC & Son's chip wagon & treated the kids to dinner on their new front porch! We had a lovely evening on the front porch & only had two mosquitoes to kill the whole evening. Nothing like the hoard that lives in Hardwicke & Baie-Sainte-Anne with us!!

They have a beautiful home with a wonderfully landscaped front yard! The shade trees are red maples & Bill was so happy to see saplings growing in the yard. We have always wanted a red maple & now this fall we will! lol
We kept stressing that a home with a garage is a must in New Brunswick. They really lucked out with a two-car garage! Life is going to be so different for these city slickers in this city compared to living in the GTA for so long. I'm so happy for them!

It even has a small white fence that is a beautiful backdrop for the garden on the other side!

The property photo from the street. Up the street from them is the baseball diamond so lots of traffic on baseball game days. lol



When I viewed their house on the first viewing it seemed familiar to me, then when I was in my sewing room I saw the tin with a 1957 Saturday Evening Post photo & there it was! It was interesting to read about the history of that photo as it was originally done with no tractor pulling the Christmas tree, it was added for the magazine! I also went down the rabbit hole to read about the history of the house.
Nick & Leslie's home is so charming, it is not a century home but has such curb appeal to it.

Does it not look familiar?!

I'm working on the outside border of my 56 pumpkins in the Pumpkin Patched Quilt & will post a pic of it when I'm done so the next post will be coming sooner!
I'll also show you the scrap corner project that I worked on from that quilt!

Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without!

A very popular saying during the depression. With the increased price of everything old is new again & I love that old saying of sensibility!

Thank you for stopping in for a visit & do come back again as I try to capture the beauty of this glorious month of September.

Wishing you health & happiness always,
Cynthia










No comments:

Post a Comment