Saturday, March 31, 2012

Sweet High Chair Find!

A sweet find during a afternoon outing with Bev,  at the Goodwill Community Store, beautiful new store. We were looking for homespuns from shirts & wool for primitive projects, I also found a hand knit baby blanket with hand embroidery (& moth holes to be repaired, for the authentic aging)... when I saw this sweet little high chair. An antique doll circa 1910, a gift from my husband Bill many years ago, fits in the chair as Goldilocks would say 'just right'. I have a piece of  antique medium blue batiste to make him a sailor suit, that's on my long to do list. I see short pants & a long sleeve shirt with the sailor collar, trimmed in white middy braid. Photos will follow later, to show the finished garment that's dancing in my head. How cute will he be!

No comments:

Post a Comment